Mouth Guard

Oh God OC Spray flashbacks. That red man can die in a fire.

Jeez.

Just keep your mouth shut. Your mouth will protect your teeth

Lol… that’s like saying your skin protects your bones

You won’t hit your face. Really. It won’t happen until you try neck stuff.

That’s a big old lie.

I got a scar on my eye area from a sudden responsive return of one of my yoyos.

1 Like

Lol I meant dodging the yoyo :slight_smile:

So Me and Augie. The only thing I have in common with him yoyo wise.

I have to in my league… If we don’t have mouth guards, we aren’t allowed to play…

;DI was kidding around

i have socked my self good with a yoyo. arms elbows and my face a few times. ive never hit my mouth and i highly doubt if you would chip a tooth very easily. its a waste of money imo

That’s the way it is “officially” in my league (high school 4a), but the referees are very lax about it. Most of the people in my league will be going to the minors, so the zebras feel less liable if someone’s tooth falls out, 'cause it’s bound to happen at some point anyway.

I completely shattered my nose once doing a breakaway when i was first learning. Didnt really know to much about knots. Just keep practicing at stuff that isnt going to injure you until the point that you know when you have a knot based on the way the bind felt.

I’ve never worried about hitting myself in the mouth, and I guarantee you won’t if you can help it. If you control the yoyo, it’ll be fine.

As someone who has chipped a tooth and seriously injured my eye while yoyoing due to this, I can’t stress this enough. ALWAYS take a knot out of a yoyo before putting it down.

1 Like

In all honesty, just learn to dodge, and don’t store knotted stuff. Good reflexes have saved my life several times…

I dont have to worry cause yoyo’s know not to touch my perfect and fabulous face, so they always avoid it :wink:

1 Like

We are also both awesome. So that counts for something too, right?

Indeed.

I completely knocked out my right front tooth and bused my left one when I fell open-mouth first into the edge of the baby pool when I missed the step about 8 years ago (second grade)… So naturally I’m just very aware of things near my face, so I don’t worry about it too much. I have though taken a yoyo to the ear like twice :stuck_out_tongue:

For me, it’s the opposite. Yoyos don’t want to come close to my repulsive face. :smiley: