Most Satisfying Things in Yoyo

What are some of the most satisfying things in yoyo for you personally? I’ll start. (Sorry if a similar thread is floating around somewhere, didn’t see one but didn’t look hard.)

-perfect snappy-sounding binds

-witnessing someone get into the hobby/land a trick or harder trick for the first time

-a yo-yo that’s been tuned near perfection with smoothness

-a bearing right after it’s been cleaned and lubed

-seeing “your package has been delivered” when waiting for a new throw/parts/accessories

15 Likes

I love when I’m rotating through yoyos and realize I’ve been using the same one for way longer than I expected. Especially when it’s a yoyo I generally don’t think about or underestimate

9 Likes
  • when a bearing decides to start working after becoming responsive

This is the most satisfying display of yo-yo sounds I’ve come across

8 Likes

Hitting a new trick for the first time

13 Likes

Seeing people near you get visibly nervous when you pull out your yoyo and start throwing it around wildly.

8 Likes

For me - the feeling of brand new string, landing a trick smoothly, and of course, the titanium bind sound.

11 Likes

I’ll add more as I think of them but getting that flowable silicone perfect with no mess and the perfect amount of response >>>

3 Likes

Usually when you break out the 4a/5a throws lol

3 Likes

When I land hooks with super shitty string tension :weary::pinched_fingers:

5 Likes

Could have stopped at land hooks lol

2 Likes

When somebody else looks at one of your WIP trick ideas and gives you the perfect suggestion on how to finish it.

6 Likes

When a yoyo that you’ve hyped up in your mind successfully lives up to the hype.

16 Likes

When you message someone on the BST about a throw, you get to chatting, click immediately and next thing you know you got something way better out of the transaction than a yoyo. Being able to talk to someone that knows what you mean when you say “dude, I landed a CLYW Peak for under $300” instead of a muggle that thinks your insane for dropping $300 on a yoyo.

" But it’s a good investment sweety"

7 Likes

Funny that you have done that for me twice already lolol

I love the sound of metal with a tight bind. Also, landing a trick you didn’t think you could. Yesterday, I started kwyjibo, getting each pop landed on the strings had me super excited. I actually couldn’t believe it. That trick actually came surprisingly easier than I expected. I can only do it slow but I didn’t expect to get threw it so quick.

4 Likes

That feel when you hit a trick PERFECTLY for the first time.

And then - when you hit it perfectly 3 times in a row.

4 Likes

Getting a throw in the mail and the paint scheme/colorway is even better than it was in the photos

4 Likes

I feel ya there, Salmon Fade is gorgeous in person.

4 Likes

Being in the “State Of Yo”

9 Likes

That magical moment…

4 Likes