Best Yoyo Moments/Feelings

Nothing’s better than cleanly landing a speed combo, except maybe cleanly landing suicides.

Particularly gt suicides. :yo-yo:

8 Likes

Best feeling ever, is the crispy-snappy clean bind of an unresponsive aluminum yoyo.

As for best yoyo moments? When a child is genuinely intrigued by the sight of someone killing it on a yoyo.

14 Likes

Horizontals super satisfying even though I can only do rail combos and other basic stuff

Fingerspins and ending on a tornado bind is satisfying…

Speed combos are satisfying…

I just like playing with the YOYO man. Not as much of a fan with playing with the string

3 Likes

When I learned what “unresponsive” yoyos were, and saw a modern competition freestyle and was blown away. After that, landing beefhook for the first time.

3 Likes

To be fortunate enough to see a father give his son a yoyo, that you gave him when he was a kid. It’s great to see parent’s and kids sharing! (Everyone say, “You can’t be that old, skitrz!” Thanks, very kind of you all to say that. :blush: )

10 Likes

ping of titanium

8 Likes

Oh yeah Keiran Cooper’s PNWR routine was probably one of the best I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t stop smiling when he hit those ridiculous whips :yo-yo:

3 Likes

it was so clean, i could eat off it

2 Likes

In descending order of satisfaction (for me):

1. Nailing the complicated bind after landing a longo combo on camera so the take is perfect, even more so because 90% of the times you retried the entire thing was because you kept failing the bind.
  2. Perfectly aligned, straight and wobble-free regens.
  3. This bind specifically

Imgur

1. Follow combos.
  2. Landing a rejection perfectly.
  3. Landing a drop suicide perfectly.
  4. Landing a tension hook perfectly.
  5. Full mantenance routine for a yoyo (bearing cleaning + lube, bearing seat cleaning, new set of response pads, fresh string).
  6. Grinds on heavily matte, chalkboard-like finished yoyos.
  7. New string.
13 Likes

When non-throwers get excited to watch you yoyo

7 Likes

But then comes the usual question… can you do “walk the dog”?

4 Likes

Killing your routine on stage.

2 Likes

When you find that yo-yo you thought you lost three months ago in your jacket pocket.

4 Likes

These! So satisfying. About 80% of my throwing lately has consisted of these two things.

1 Like

yes this bind is fun… when it works :sweat_smile:
Shion’s binds are also great:
https://gph.is/g/aKlyolZ

4 Likes

wow this is oddly specifically relatable. I left a yoyo in the coat pocket of my tux for a concert, and found it about 4 months later when I needed to use it again

Ooh I like that bind too.

Too lazy to get a video bit one of my favorites is also Ryuichis finger grind bind.

4 Likes

Receiving a new toy in the mail…and even though you’ve seen many pictures of it, being in complete shock at how amazing it looks when you have it in hand!

Also, when you realize you’ve got a trick down that you once found really difficult…but now you don’t even have to hardly think to land it.

5 Likes

Playing responsive on a walk, at the end of an around-the-world, when it’s high in the air right before it returns. For an instant it hangs in the air motionless, time stops, the clouds drift by, then it snaps back and life resumes.

11 Likes

Getting home from a day at work without a yoyo to go to your collection, pick one up and start throwing. Instant stress relief!

The feeling you have when a trick which took a very long time to get down starts to just flow and become easy to hit without much effort. I live for these moments!

8 Likes