It's the little things...

Overall, yoyoing is an extremely fun hobby. But what are some of the small stuff that makes you love it?

For me, it’s that 6th sense of knowing when a yoyo isn’t going to snag on a throw down. And that lovely snap and loud whirring of a less-than-perfect regen.

2 Likes

It’s the catch at the end. Doesn’t matter what trick, combo or whatever I do. I get excited if I still can catch the yoyo at the end. Yeah sometimes I miss…not enough spin momentum I don’t know. To me, nothing is complete without that last catch.

3 Likes

That reward of Serotonin and Dopamine your body gives you after landing a trick you’ve spent hours upon hours trying to get. It’s a rush, that is most often accompanied by the complete need to do and redo the trick over and over again until it’s buttery smooth.

OH, and opening your mailbox to see your package has arrived, oh nelly, thats amazing.

2 Likes

That snapping noise you get if you bind correctly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxSF5-hhf_4&list=UUPFnG3wfjXmaMv5Ynyp-hPg&index=1
At about 0.22

2 Likes

The feels when you make string and it inverted(left handed string)
The feels when dropping a metal yoyo
The feels when a plastic yoyo play better than a metal
The feels when you land beesting on 5a
The feels when you learn boing e boing
The feels when you meet your favorite player
The feels when you did a cool combo then they want walk the dog
The feels when your favorite company release new throws
The feels of how many throws you have

2 Likes

The moment when I do a perfect combo of tricks and do a little dance after the bind.

2 Likes

There’s lots but I really enjoy that moment’s hesitation when you display a gt or other formation before popping out. Also a really large, slow jade whip. Cool topic!

2 Likes

I like when you chill on a throw for so long, end your tricks/combo, and bind with just enough speed to barely miss getting back to your hand.

2 Likes

This!

2 Likes

Getting a new throw in the mail, hearing the aluminum tin sound from the yoyo spinning, and just binding is oh so satisfying

2 Likes

I think my absolute favorite has to be getting a new yoyo. it’s like a whole new experience because each throw is different. You have to try every single trick you know to see how it handles it and find out how much you like or dislike it.

1 Like

Seeing my new yoyo in the mailbox. I also love the fact that I can bring my yoyo with me almost anywhere.

2 Likes

Syncing my playing up to a song perfectly

2 Likes

That little ring you get on certain throws when you bind.

2 Likes

When you discover something new, on your own.

2 Likes

That crazy shot of adrenalin you get when you throw with a knot and the yoyo comes flying back at your face and you just manage to Matrix dodge it.

Yuki

3 Likes

All of the feels mentioned already!

Except the almost getting smacked in the face. That part I can live without. :wink: But that reminder was funny and timely; had it happen earlier today and almost hit my wife. D’oh.

The moment a yoyo you never really had much affection for just starts “working” for you and it starts to become a new favourite. After sitting collecting dust for weeks, it suddenly has its chance to shine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like to make people laugh doing goofy tricks.

1 Like

the sound of a dragon string whipping through the air

2 Likes

I love the noise of a bearing…

2 Likes