It's the little things...

I just love the fact that the yoyo can fit in your pocket, you don’t have to worry about picking it up if you mess up (like in juggling and tops), and you can do it in a small space which makes if the ideal skill toy for playing in public without making a scene unlike juggling, diabolos, or tops.

I also love getting lost in your own mind when you yoyo and listen to music… you just forget what tricks you want to do and go into a completely other world. You just forget everything around you, and it’s amazing.

2 Likes

unless you are practicing 4a,lol. I love almost never being bored, wherever i am.

1 Like

Lube

1 Like

This yoyo forum, it like we’re a family or something.

1 Like

I just enjoy the sensation of string sliding over my fingers… And grinds. Be it wood, plastic, raw, anodize, I love the feel of a yoyo sliding across my skin.

1 Like

That’s what I love about yoyoing. Everyone who does it is so unique, with their own style, yet they all are always so happy and eager to help. I have never seen or heard of a grouchy yoyoer. I feel so in place at contests, where everyone likes everyone. I’m not bullied with you guys. I’m home with you guys.

1 Like

…And then I smash my head on something behind me.

1 Like

The little things… like when General-Yo announces…

DIG IT BROTHER

1 Like

Why did everybody get a thank you by gregp up to this spot?

1 Like

I got lazy. :wink:

Or do you mean, “Why so many thank-yous?”

People were saying cool things. I wanted to thank them for it. :wink: Given the high cost of “thank-yous”, it was a bit of an investment, but I’ll tell you this: it was worth it!

This community makes me enjoy yoyoing so much more. Everyone here is so nice and helpful.

The moment when you don’t throw your yoyo…

To not hit your brothers head.

It’s the thought that counts! :wink:

Oddly enough for me it’s making that perfect string. One where length tension width, and lack of flaws just catches me off guard. Literally being perfect to me.

HOW SAD IS IT THAT MINE ISN’T EVEN RELATED TO THROWING!

Everything, Its indescribable on how simple and fun its is.
Its just pure fun. No one can describe, no one cant comprehend how fun it is. None can describe it in general, it just beyond comprehension. Its amazingly fun, it is. Last its kinda whats part of me. It kinda defines me. a passionate person for this hobby.

This is just my opinion.

Many find this to be negative but for me it’s the best thing that can happen, it’s so predictable, it’s so simple, it’s so perfect. I love it when someone says “Can I try that?” To be approachable, to be able to share something so simple, so fun, so joyful; it just doesn’t get much better.

getting in a good zone and just cant seem to drop anything and have a smile on ya face the whole time. new string sliding across you’re fingers.
the community, granted i’ve never meet anyone else who throws, i still fell connected on this site.
just staring at a cool ano’d throw, and the way the cold metal feels in ya hands.
when little kids or old people stop and stare in amazement. i love being able to stop a 3yo dead in their tracks.
or when someone says “man, I can’t even walk the dog.” gives me a sense of accomplishment. like being able to solve a rubiks cube in under a min.

Heh, 'til they throw it and say, “Why doesn’t it come back up? Is it broken?” And then you try to politely explain and they’re just like “Nevermind”

:-X

Yoyoing isn’t for everyone. I really don’t understand why yoyoers take it personally when others don’t care to yoyo or don’t understand what we do. The fact that so many show interest is a compliment but we always focus on the negative. Just my opinion.

Back on topic:

The feel of fresh string
The sound of a hybrid response (yeah I like it)
The whir of a great bearing

I was wondering the same thing! The only reason I posted here was because I was virtually guaranteed of getting a “thank you”. With my low trade count, thank yous are the only form of legitimacy I have on this forum, hehe… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Glad to see this has since been rectified!

1 Like

Hahah! Well, I’m throwing in the towel now. :wink:

1 Like