Most satisfying yoyo experience?

I was ordering pads from yye and I thought I was buying individual pads instead of sets and It turned out to be sets!

6 Likes

The first time I put a Boss Rage bearing into a One Drop (it was my gold VTWO).

5 Likes

One of my most satisfying was probably buying my ehKnown yoyo. Sounds silly, that pressing the ā€œPay nowā€ button was so rewarding but Iā€™d stayed up till 1am on a work night that I had to be up for 6, and it was only 1 in 30 that were made, and my internet connection sucks, and Iā€™m in the UK but I still managed to get one, made my day.

Then two weeks later, it arrived exactly on my birthday.

15 Likes

Yesā€¦double score!!!

5 Likes

there are some yoyos that when i get them, and i throw them for the first timeā€¦ i get an endorphin rush and feeling if warmth throughout my bodyā€¦ not ā€˜loveā€™ for a physical object, thatā€™s silly - and we shouldnā€™t really ā€˜loveā€™ an inanimate worldly thing per se - but, a joy and bond in finding the right yoyo for me. it feels so great. that is satisfying :grin::grin::grin:

12 Likes

Not feeling hard-pressed to buy every yoyo that releases
Not feeling hard-pressed to own 1000+ yoyos

The moment I shrank my collection down to a numeric value I can count on one hand, was the moment I realized that yoyo gluttony runs rampant within this community - Iā€™ve seen numerous posts regarding the fact that homies buy throws just cause they ā€œdonā€™t wanna miss outā€

Anyways, having less than more in terms of yoyo ownership has been a cleansing experience both mentally and spatially for me

If I got a $1 for everytime Iā€™ve read ā€œthinning the herdā€ or ā€œcollection downsizingā€ I probably would be able to purchase a $100+ bimetal by now

13 Likes

The day I learned to bind.

5 Likes

I have more throws than I need and totally agree with this statement.

4 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat as @yoyojoe, and I also 100% agree. I have to say, the most satisfying experience was deciding to buy yoyos from people I know who have started companies. Some are people I only know on the forums because they live on the other side of the planet, others are people that I am able to meet up and throw with. Getting past fear of missing out was a freeing experience (although, sometimes I do still get caught up in itā€¦just a little bit)

10 Likes

Mk1 Umbraā€¦ Nuff said.

5 Likes

i called it, learning how to control my collection, instead of letting it control me. i got organized, also set goals, then found it easier to set goals, and be organized.

there are few pieces duplicates of now.

5 Likes

Finally wrapping my head around a trick thatā€™s been stumping me, like shoot the moon or magic drop.

3 Likes

Attending a big Yomega tournament in 2003 (I think that was the year) in Las Vegas. The whole experience of it all was amazing! I had such a great timeā€¦met lots of awesome peoples!!
Vegas was a blast too even though I was under the age to drink/gamble.
I won the novice division too which was absolutely blissful! lol :smiley:

9 Likes

I have not learned this lesson in life yet.
MUST HAS MORE GREEN YOYO!

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::yo-yo::yo-yo:

1 Like

When I landed my first trapeze, on an imperial, at a very young age. Nothing Iā€™ve done in yoyoing, has ever taken so much work or given me such great pleasure. I still remember that moment, the exhilaration, the jumping up and down and then I finished out the day kid style! Fishing, catching frogs, and cooking my own food on a campfire! Perfect, just so perfect. :+1: (throw some swimming in there as well)

7 Likes

Landing this on camera.

It was a while ago, still with my old sponsor.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll take me some years to top that :rofl:

8 Likes

Visiting and spending the better part of a day with the guys at One Drop. Aside from them all being the nicest dudes, I got to throw more yo-yos than I could imagine. The Rev 1 I picked up from them is still my favorite throw(and Iā€™m looking forward to picking up a Rev 2!).

5 Likes

FAKE!!!

Clearly that yellow string is a paid actor.

5 Likes

I hear ya!

I have certainly never attained a massive collection but over the past month or two I have brought my collection below the 20 mark. I know still that this is more than I actually NEED and it does still feel somewhat gluttonous to me but at the same time I feel more comfortable now.

Another satisfying experience for me is having just left the FB BST group. Donā€™t get me wrong, no one has upset me personally or anything like that but I find during these sessions of feeling a bit burnt out on yoyo in general that constant rampant consumerism turns me off even more.

5 Likes