Most popular/best side effect yoyos ever?

Yelets. Highly underrated but it’s super! I use pewter AL domes in mine, the weight feels great, spins forever and it’s wicked smooth. The best part is that it’s extremely pocketable. It’s surprising it wasn’t more popular.

54 - The one that started it all. I love the size and shape, they play great.

4 Likes

From the One Drop site:

Once we had the specs perfect, we came up with a crazy idea for the name. We decided to map the diameter and width to latitude and longitude by plugging the numbers into Google Maps to see where it would end up. The result was a small city in Russia called Yelets.

That’s pretty neat actually. 52mm is my cut off for diameter. I really haven’t liked anything smaller. The sounds like a super fun yoyo! I might have to track one down sometime.

4 Likes

does the yelets have side effects though? or am i confusing it with the dingo or something, because i remember one of those older pocket sized one drops just had an axle nut that looked like ultra lights.

3 Likes

It has SEs. Ultra lights iirc

2 Likes

That’s right. They shipped with aluminum ultra lights. It plays well with them too. I wanted a tiny bit more center weight and found the aluminum domes to play really well. The aluminum spikes make it super fun too.

1 Like

bumping this up cuz i’m still looking for advice/opinions!

I really enjoyed the 54 and code 1.

Looks like the legendary terrarian will be dropping this month. I will definitely be picking one of those up. Otherwise my MMC is my favorite SE throw

• Code1 with Ultralights
  • 5000qv with flat caps
  • MMC with Legos
  • 16’ V with Ultra lights
  • Summit with Legos
  • Parlay with Ultra Lights

Some of my favorites and how I usually set em up.

4 Likes