Most Frustrating Trick to Learn

Haha i would say this but i gave up a while ago.

Kclejeuneā€™s got this  ;D

Challenge accepted.

follow!

I think I succeeded one time, but I have never landed it since :frowning:

and brent stole.

Im surprised to see the amount of issues that people are having with a brent stole. If you think about the concept it becomes clearer. To create a triangle, the yoyo string needs to wrap around the portion of string closest attached to the TH, and then around the yoyo.

If you have Ninja Vanish down, imagine a Brent Stole like this.

Instead of gripping a portion of the string to pull up and make the string whip around, the portion of the string that you would use in a Ninja Vanish is not held in the hand before the Stole. When the string hits the NTH index finger, that portion of the string between your TH and NTH fingers becomes the string section that the other string will whip around to create a GT. After the string makes contact with the NTH index, it should continue a whipping motion that travels towards your body, eventually hitting the yoyo.

When whipping the string, make sure that the yoyo appears to be centered in comparison to your body but the string is creating a U shape on your NTH side, almost as if there is a counter weight in the middle of your string.

Yes, this one also. I hit it once, sort of. Been practicing it on-and-off for months. Apparently more off than on, but stillā€¦

The trick is to keep that jade whip motion going. I got really mad learning Eiffel Tower LOL.

Well yes, that IS the trick, isnā€™t it? :wink: Still canā€™t get the string to swing at the right pace, and if I try to ā€œcatch it upā€, I fling the yoyo out of control.

Iā€™m planning to put out a tutorial on the right way to do it. Iā€™ve noticed people think they need shoulder strength to do it, which is entirely false. Thereā€™s a trick to it so that you donā€™t have to strain your shoulder at all.

1 Like

Eh the more I worked on Brent Stole the more I learned about the little details that are almost required to get it going.

When you whip the string you arenā€™t going parallel with the gap but you want to be between yourself and the yoyo.

Then from there you push/flip the string onto the yoyo.

For some reason I kept trying to do it like Hook and obviously that led to nowhere until I realized how the trick is actually done.

I donā€™t remember who said it but a gopro mounted on someones head at 120 frames should do wonders to actually conceptualize wtf is going on!

I got two pops! Happy dance!

The other trick I have had trouble with is double green triangle, even when I think like I landed it something just seems off. Then there is always that ā€œI landed it yayā€¦now how do I get out?ā€ moment.

Magic drop. And brent stole

Spirit bomb

Still havenā€™t been able to get follow. Or seasick. Those two tricks are my archenemiesā€¦

I havenā€™t worked hard on seasick yet, but Iā€™ve been at Follow forever. Itā€™s my ongoing nemesis. I have other nemesis tricks that take over for a while (I Be A Minute GT for example) but thereā€™s always Follow in the backgroundā€¦ taunting meā€¦

This. Took months of trying for 10-20 minutes every few days and getting frustrated until I FINALLY got it. No other trick has been so frustrating or taken so long.

Izukaā€™s slack trick

The ā€œYuuki Slackā€.

I just about went mad trying to land that trick !! It got to the point when I closed my eyes at night, I was seeing myself trying to land that trick. it became an obsession.

Then, very strangely, I was just able to land it. Itā€™s still one of the most challenging tricks I know, but it took some blood, sweat & tears to finally land it. Glad Iā€™m past that now.

I can do Brent Stole every time, but Iā€™ve forgotten how to explain it. Seasick thoughā€¦gahhhā€¦I just canā€™t get the rhythm down. I hate you Seasickā€¦

lol like Tyler Severence in the Supernova Vid