Most Frustrating Trick to Learn

Spirit bomb

Honestly, if I feel a trick is too hard and doesnā€™t suit my style, I just skip it.
Tower laceration and reverse brent stole is few of them.

But the one I want to master but failed to do so is seasick

Through my learning, Boingy boing was the most frustrating trick to learn.

That dang brent stole >:( three years in and I still cant do it :ā€™(

Another vote for Brent Stole. Dat repetative strain injury thoā€¦

Boingy boings by far. I gave up and could just magically do it one day. Iā€™m still not sure how all you people canā€™t get Brent stole. Iā€™m going to make a tutorial because the current ones suck.

Hmm really? It does take a little practice but at least I could conceptualize what was actually happening unlike Brent stole which I can watch over and over and still not comprehend whatā€™s happening

I was able to boingy boing from the very first try, before I could even breakaway. It just clicked with me straight away, whereas brent stole took me tonnes of practice to be able to hit consistently.

I think these ā€œknackyā€ tricks are just ones that either you can do pretty much straight away, or you just to practice your bum off until they finally make sense.

Iā€™d love to make a tutorial for Brent Stole but Iā€™d really need to use a Gopro to do it properly. Itā€™s hard teaching someone a trick like that from the frontā€¦

Ladder escape, you make one wrong move, or accidentally drop it, knotsā€¦ Knots everywhere.

Brent Stole had me scratchin my head for a few years hahaha, but one fateful day i just got it down, same with finger spins. Perseverance can give you a good feeling inside.

1 Like

Never found Brent Stole hard once I read and paid attention to the directions. I kept putting my THROWHAND forward, but I needed to put the NTH forward after intercepting the string. As soon as I went ā€œdoh, Iā€™ve been using the wrong hand!ā€ I could hit it pretty consistently.

I never did get the knack for doing it with normal-weight strings, though. I need a dense string or I get that repetitive stress injury going on. :wink:

Hooks I got BEFORE Brent Stoles, but I can never land them anymore. I lost the knack after I got the stoles!

Boingy-boing I got quickly. Over/Under Boingy-boing took a bit more practice, but I watched a video of Sanchez202 doing it and then got it pretty quickly after that.

ā€“

To answer the question, though:

The one that caused me no end of frustration is the I Be a Minute GT. I just saw Logi and Jordanā€™s latest video, and Logi nails it! Iā€™ve done it on the breakaway, but rarely. Usually I get string tangles. I gave up and now I just do it on the front throw and I can get it every time. But confining myself to the breakaway, I was rarely if ever landing it. SO MANY STRING WAMBLES! Logiā€™s ā€œquick tipā€ in his tutorial was the final confirmation I needed for knowing for sure how to do it rightā€¦ and Sanchez202 showed me that the front throw was less snaggly. After that, I got consistent FAST. (FINALLY!)

We have to limit this to just one? :-[

I, like others, can do Boing-e-boing but only a few times before the yoyo shoots out. Iā€™m not in control at all.
I canā€™t do anything that has the word ā€œsuicideā€ in it. I look like a moron trying to do those.
And worst of all, Spirit bomb. I can get through half of that trick, but can never land the last part where the yoyo has to drop through the triangle. I got it ONCE and then never again. I like to think back fondly on that day. :stuck_out_tongue:

boingy boing

Trick that I can do now somewhat regularly: Spirit Bomb
Trick that I still canā€™t land, no matter what I try: Brent Stole

For some reason my first try and Boing E Boing I got it but on successive attempts I would pop out after a coupon bounces.

But Brent Stole I think I landed once out of a hundred tries of doing it wrong. It took a while to actually wrap my head around how the final ā€œloopā€ goes around the string to land the yoyo on. Still working on it and at least I kind of get how the motion of it works. Hook I can get with a couple tries now pretty consistently but Brent Stole still blows my mind when I see it at full speed with triple loops going into it.

Ok, I tried for about 10 minutes to get this trick, but I was mind boggled at the complexity and amazingness, and it was so hard even for the first 2 moves!!! I dare somebody to try and do pajama man. So hard! Here is a link to it.

Lol youā€™re just like I was last night

After that first part it gets easier. The 2 whips are impossible :o

IKR!! Man, IMO, brent stole is easy. All it took was one night of pure trying, and I got it. I only had a little help from my friend. I might make a tut on how to do it.

Wait, is it like a suicide catch on your throwhand index? to get in to the 1.5?
It gets you into that if you land the suicide

For me itā€™d have to be spirit bomb. Iā€™ve been doing it for like a year now but havnā€™t been able to do it twice in a row without failing xD