MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Holy cow! That’s cool! Blacklight ontop! Isaid G@D D@M !

4 Likes

Ready

5 Likes

oh man that was amazing, you picked this up so fast!

How did you manage to learn so much in a day! dude your level of progress is phenomenal I salute you :slight_smile:

I can see that a lot of work must have gone into our TaW yesterday good on you to persevere like this.
I am only just starting to get the hang of it (but having so much fun though) and you already look so flowy and smooth.

I can appreciate a man putting the hours in and getting his shtuff down solid, super performance @Mystik
Here have a gold star, you can be our star pupil this week hehehe.

3 Likes

ok i’l start today :star_struck:

Question… in 5a any suggested string length to start? Longer/ shorter? And what weight is best? Is there a weight that’s to light or heavy… …or if the weight can fly around its good enough?

6 Likes

Weight should be between 1/7th to 1/5th the weight of the yo-yo. Typical is ~10g.

4 Likes

I 2nd that.

Just for example, juggling clubs are a 2:1 ratio of balance. 1/3 of the weight is in the handle and the rest the head. This matched with its mass give it more of a float long and flip fast set of traits.

3 Likes

And there’s this too:

4 Likes

This one is freaking good too:

I love this reference sheet.:gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart:

5 Likes

Thanks @MoonageMin, I gave a piece of my soul to the night in my 20’s to learn poi. No shortage of time spent opening doorways of the mind. I love making circles and redirecting energy flows.

I’d like to spin portals to other dimensions, cause math is cool mmmkay.

4 Likes

Ah did poi help you pick things up quick last night?

I never tried poi before so I have no idea but still being able to make that video in one evening is awesome 5a progress!

You should be proud!

2 Likes

So I’m learning a cool trick today. It’s called clean the dishwasher. I just wish it was a yo-yo trick…

2 Likes

Sorry, to say but these moves weren’t from one days practice.
Poi, like most things, operate in circles. There’s just this mind barrier that it looks different so it must be different. But the same principals exist. Or contact juggling- couldn’t look more different. But it’s just an illusion, these things all speak in circles.

Thanks @MoonageMin, I am proud, it’s the only language I speak without vulgarity.:wink:

4 Likes

Hey man if you had transferable skills from before that’s still your own skills.

Previous experience or not 5a growth like you have shown is epic. Hope to level up some myself tonight too after work is finished :slight_smile:

Not even hoping for your 1 day rate of progress but I’ll be happy to get brother switch smoothly, polish up my basic stall and start working on 5a pinwheels and maybe half bee sting tonight is my target!

3 Likes

You got this. Hardest part is being brave enough to let go.

3 Likes

We’ll see :wink:

4 Likes

Ey up folks. Just checking in on everyone. Hopefully you are all doing OK in these mad times. I’ve been super busy with training for work but I’m out of that now and trying to be a bit more productive. I don’t wanna dump a load of individual videos so I’ll pop them into one on YouTube. I’ve still been playing along and ticking those tricks off!

7 Likes

Haha I always dump a lot of my individual videos lol :slight_smile:

Speaking of which let me do one now haha

3 Likes

I feel this is not stressed enough and it absolutely will help your 5a.

PSA shorten your string length for 5a.

Do this by either cutting or I loop my string around the weight a couple extra time(3 seems to be just right if I don’t cut it to length)

I play 1a at a 5 fingers past my belly button.

5a right at the belly button.

You lose control over distance. Soooo:
Shorter distance=more control

5 Likes

Stoked for some 5a boys! Last month I played around with my homemade counterweight but never progressed beyond the videos twitch posted. Also, looking at the links I think the weight I made is waaay too heavy. I used some play doh and an old string :rofl:

6 Likes

THANK YOU.
Apparently i need a complete sentence to say thank you.

4 Likes