MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Okay guys :slight_smile:

TRICK-A-WEEK CHALLENGE WEEK #22 FREEHAND BASICS

So 5A May is just around the corner so weā€™re going to be focusing on Freehand for the month with this T-A-Wā€¦
I thought weā€™d start things off with the very basics this week.

HOW TO STRING A COUNTER-WEIGHT:

HOW TO HOLD AND CATCH:

DOUBLE ON TRAPEZE RELEASE:

DOUBLE OR NOTHING RELEASE:

SWITCH TRAPEZE AND HIS BRO:

360:

9 Likes

Woah lots too learn thatā€™s awesome!

Would be cool if by the end of this month our TaW gang has enough 5a skills to be satisfied with for the time being and be confident enough to whip out during occasional yoyo meets and things like that.

Even if you decide never to do 5a every again, itā€™s always a good thing to have some basic competency in all disciplines :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Going to get started on learning how to throw and catch right now!!!

Psyched like a duck!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got this!

Also this is one of my favorite all time videos:

3 Likes

Iā€™m planning on doing nothing but 5a for the month (except for looping). Itā€™s always been a style Iā€™ve wanted to get into. Itā€™s so cool! :smiley:

3 Likes

Livinā€™ on the edge, diving into 5a with your new AL instead of a plastic you can beat up :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

5a May. Better get your permanent markers ready. (If you know what I mean @twitch77 :rofl:)

1 Like

Ready to rock (a) baby!

6 Likes

All jokes asideā€¦
Iā€™m actually a massive chicken deep down inside hahaā€¦
Hereā€™s my weapon of choice! A gift from @TheThrowingGnome :green_heart:

Who knew that permanent meant that itā€™d be difficult to remove?!

Also, nice set-up man! :smiley:

5 Likes

Spider-Gwen is probably totally dope at 5a!

5 Likes

I love that spider Gwen thing, im huge fan of spider man and Iā€™ve been wanting marvel to include the multiverse

5 Likes

lol super cool little figure! Love how sheā€™s actually throwing a yo! haha

2 Likes

I just had the Spider-Gwen delivered, so I had to sneak a picture of that in here lol,

I debated between that one I have now, and this one, but I liked the chimney detail so opted for the one I got. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just started working on 5a.
Who knew throwing and just catching a yoyo was so difficult!

Also trapeze with the other hand :sob:

Feels like I am learning to yoyo from scratch again. I forgot this feeling. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am having so much fun with yoyoing (not that I didnā€™t before but like SO MUCH FUN) just by the addition of a bouncy ball (or counterweights in general) to the equation.

My room hates me now though, but so glad I decided to use a bouncy ball instead of a dice :slight_smile:

Enjoy the progress of my first hour of noobing around on 5a

4 Likes

Boom.

7 Likes

Shoot me in the face Iā€™ll get blood on your sneakersā€¦ :wink: Nice job man!

4 Likes

Thanks @ryanmcg!

2 Likes

Yā€™all let me know if this qualifies me for this weekā€™s challengešŸ˜‰

11 Likes

Good luck on ya guys 5A journey.

Let me know if you would be interested on some complementary tutorial recommendations for further 5A May weeks. The stuff in Miguel Correaā€™s channel is very very helpful for 5A beginners.

6 Likes