Money earning ideas?

Meh I would most likely get arrested.
:frowning:

I still like my idea…

If only we were a video game…

Try craigslist as well…

Now - since you are 13, make sure that your folks know you are doing craigslist and make sure they or someone else is with you when you meet people… Always in a public place during the day.

Ive had great luck with CL - I’m a lot older than you are, but as long as you are honest and provide good pictures in your ad, you will have some luck.

Also - Make friends with all the older folks (very old - like 70’s-80’s) that dont get around so well anymore… do odd jobs for them, take your bike and go to the store for them and such… You will make a few bucks a run… You can start a small business this way, and its good karma. Just dont charge a lot… a lot of older people are on very fixed incomes and dont have lots of spare cash… but it adds up.

You said no-one would trust you for your painting idea to get off the ground - I’m new so fill me in on this… whats the idea?

I know most of my older neighbors. I can not however go to the store, first off, most of them can still drive, second one end of my street is ghetto, and I live far away from stores.(except the really gangster store which my parents won’t go to).

The painting thing> I paint yoyos, but I only HAD 1 feedback and someone pointed it out and said Hey man, not many people will trust you with 1 feedback.

But I don’t believe what they said so I made a new thread and blah blah blah.

My parents do CL. I might as well ask them if they will help me list things since my mom >:(HATES>:( doing EBay.

Sounds reasonable.

Heres how you fix the 1 feed back thing…

Offer to paint first and then they pay if they like it. I know… But be selective and make sure the folks you choose are a good risk.

It shows that you are serious and that you are willing to prove you are trustworthy.

Also - I checked out your string thread (see what I did there?)…

So - it looks like you just got in a bit too fast.

Once again - if you are serious about it, decide how much time you want to spend on it a day. Say 1 hour.

Make a schedule. Mondays do one color, tuesdays a different color, and so on. Maybe spend One day a week doing customs.

Make your work space efficient. If you work on a board for example, and you lay out the strings a certain way to wind them - then have several boards… one for each color. Then you arent doing a new setup each time. Find ways to be organized about your work.

For any business, no matter how big or small, to be successful - you have to be dedicated. You have to live and breathe it… or it will fail… Make your mind up and if you decide to do it, then devote a specific amount of time every day to it.

I know its hard - I didnt get my first job until I was 16… but ask anyone who is successful, and they will tell you - its all in your attitude. If you dont take it seriously, you will never succeed…

Another thing about the string - if you are serious that is…

Contact vendors - like one drop - and send them samples for free to try out. Tell them that you would like to give them some free string to include with their throws if they like it. Yes - you will be working for free a lot… but you have to get your brand out there. If its good and people like it, they will want more - and then you are all set.

Ask yourself - how bad do you want it? Are you willing to put 2 hours in a day, every day? How about 3?

Seriously - this is how all the big names in industry did it… Apple started as two guys in a garage. How bad do you want it.

Where in NC?

join a band and play some concerts. there’s a lot of money to be made in live performance.

Thanks a lot. The string making is just not something I really want to do, but I will.

You must not no very much about the fancy string rigs that are out, (not to be rude).

I have a string rig so I can twist 5 at a time. Basically 10 every 15 mins about.

I’m not intending to be a Actual company for string, just a fellow selling a few packs here and there.

About the painting thing, I am certainly willing to do some painting for free :).

So if you want to see how your yoyo turns out PM me!!

Nope - you are correct - I know jack nothing about making string… :wink:

Thank you for not taking that in a bad way!!! :wink:

For being new to this, you already have it down. Haha

That’s the worst job ever! About $30,000 for 20 years.

1 Like

Matt, you know anything about making string? Robbing a bank is probably easier.

DUDE DONT DISREGARD TREET PERFORMING!

Its fun, and great way to make the moneys, my first time i made sixty bucks in an h our!! Here in nc they like street performers!

:o :smiley: ;D

Yeah, I’ve made some. Besides coming up with a string people want, It takes a period of time and some luck to get it to the point where it’s anything more than a hobby. Then you’ve got to really love it to keep at it.

If you want to make a few bucks to spend on yoyos, there are quicker and more dependable ideas in this thread.

Spring? SPRING?? Jake, you of all people should know that Michiganders don’t experience spring. We go straight from winter to summer.

Maddog, it looks like people have given you loads of possibilities you can do to earn some money. Though I’d also suggest the ‘mow lawns’ and such, it sounds like you can’t do that in your neighborhood.

If you’ve exhausted all your options, you may just need to wait to buy that Project. Ya know, save up. Patience is a virtue (or so I’m told).

Of course, you could always do eBay yourself. How many of the people that say they’re 18 are ACTUALLY 18?

I agree that the best way to get that Project is to sell something you already own, that means less to you than the Project. It is a sure way to get the money you need. Simply list it on Ebay, wait for someone to buy it, and ship it out. It is my #1 way to get quick money when I need it, and it serves another purpose, in getting rid of things around the house that are not being used. No hard work or sweat involved either, just list it, sit back and wait.

What you could do if you follow some of the other advice, is go door to door and just tell people what it is you are trying to earn money for. It will help people sympathize with you. Ask them if there is a task they might need done around their house, and let them know that you are willing to do it for little money. Give them a sheet of paper with your information on it, listing things you are willing to do (weed, rake, pooper scoop, walk dogs) and your info to get in touch if they think of a job for you to do.

If you are shy, and don’t want to knock on doors, simply copy the paper and put it in people’s mailbox. Maybe you will get a few calls or emails from them.