Modern Responsive March 2024 - Week 4

This is the endorsement I’ll be using for all future events going forward hosted by YYBC :wink:

5 Likes

Yesssss! I approve of this

4 Likes

The Yo-yo Boomers Club!! Helping people love to hate yo-yoing since 2024…

6 Likes

You deserve a prize just for the effort you put into your videos these last two months.

BRAVO!!!

For real. Thanks for the joy!

6 Likes

Hey man! You got it back to your hand every time :man_shrugging: That’s all that matters, right?

3 Likes

Thank you! Happy to put a smile on people’s faces and provide some entertainment! :smiley:

4 Likes

I might spend the whole week on just shoot the moon :laughing:.

This little dude still comes in handy

11 Likes

Lol! Yes! Exactly, it came back each time even sloppppilly

2 Likes

My week 4🪀

16 Likes

Very nice!!! I’m loving the indoor Shoot the Moon solutions.

3 Likes

5 tricks.

17 Likes

Hi all! Here’s my attempt for week 4. All 6 tricks including the guest trick.

17 Likes

Mach 5

15 Likes

Always great your videos!!!

Shoot the Moon still looks the same to me as it did to you at the beginning.

2 Likes

Every ladder trick except Shoot the Moon.

If I land that one I’ll either make another post or try to edit this post to add a second video with it. Thats going to take me a while to learn and more space :laughing::sweat_smile:.

Fun tricks this week! Can’t wait for 2April! :eyes::rofl:

17 Likes

Thank you kindly! It takes a lot of practice for certain, haha. Some of the tips I got out out of it was that a 45° angle throw into the air works much better than a forward pass to start, and for me, keeping my whole hand flat/extended on the U-turn (like a karate chop or paper in rock-paper-scissors) vs. flipping it over a single finger helped with more stability and control. I also found that I started getting the feeling down much faster with a heavier throw like the Harbinger (which was also still very responsive) than I did with a light looping yoyo, I think again because it helped give me a little more stability and slowed it down a little.

3 Likes

Way to go pulling off that stall on the Shooting Star!!! Looking good bro. What did you do to get the yo-yo to light up blue?? In a red light it looks like. That’s really cool.

1 Like

@Slestak75 Oh dude, I totally picked Mach 5 for the shooting star because it doesnt involve a stall just a mount while spinning. The Star is terrible for stalls, it always just bounces off the string on me so I havent been able to use it a lot for the weekly tricks here.

Its just a purple glow in the dark version of the Shooting Star. It glows blue.

My biggest gripe with this yoyo is that it doesnt hold the glow bright enough for video for too long, and it gets a bit washed out in black light so its hard to light the string at the same time. I just recharge it between tricks as it dims and i turn the black light off.

Id love to find a blue or pink yoyo that just glows like my green ones do, but im not sure if thats even possible. So i use the neo pink and the glow in the dark yoyos for color variety.

Eventually ill probably just have to pony up for some of the One Drop Cerakotes if I want to go that far. They are just so expensive compared to the base yoyos. I was going to save up for a cerakote wizard but ended up just getting a base orange one at a steep discount for loke half the price of their cerakotes. Maybe if my channel grows big enough ill take the leap into those.

Also, not sure whick One Drop to get cerakote now since I have a wizard already and wouldnt want a second. Maybe one with side effects would be cool, i dont have a side effect yoyo yet.

2 Likes

It really looked like a stall at one point. Still super cool though.

Mach Skills :sunglasses:

I channeled my inner Kerry Gene for that one :laughing:.

1 Like