Modern Responsive March 2024 - Week 3

I’ll use mine next week when they arrive here in the Philippines.

3 Likes

I did last week! I really like how it feels. I think I want to get some grease into that bearing for a bit more response. Gonna pick some up tomorrow.

1 Like

Yeah I used sime thick lube in mine. It already played great, but it was even better after the lube.

2 Likes

So this is probably as good a place to ask as any … my son’s response pads just fell out of his yo-yo (myy k2) and he asked if I could get new ones for him. I looked them up, and I also saw that a bunch of people use flowable silicone to fill their response pad grooves. Which I figure would make more sense than paying $5 to ship a couple little rubber bits my way. But most discussions I see around this are regarding unresponsive yo-yos. Is anyone here using silicone vs pads in their responsive yo-yos? Should I give it a go?

4 Likes

I can’t see the harm. It should work fine.

2 Likes

For the grippy response we like in responsives, flowable Clear works well.

4 Likes

I used it for half the tricks this week, super fun to play so far.

3 Likes

Got mine in, was great for the Sweater Combo! :slight_smile:
And pocket watch… I got an unexpected snag during Chop Tower and rolled with it. :rofl:

4 Likes

Clear flowable works great used it on my Duncan bumblebee

A few of us do stuff like that often.

2 Likes

I was planning to use mine this week. I can’t easily hit Split the Atom on anything fixed, so I was planning to use a bearing.

1 Like

I have grey silicone in some of my responsive. It works especially well in one that is a little less responsive than you would like, as the silicone is more grippy than what pads are made of. An oral dosing syringe is extremely helpful for applying it.

3 Likes

Sorry, tech boomer here… how do you guys embed youtube videos? :sweat_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

The chopsticks tower was super sketchy but nonetheless I managed to get all 5 tricks :grinning:

18 Likes

Hey folks, here’s my submission for Week 3 with all 5 tricks.

17 Likes

You really only need to paste the link as a text as if you are typing normally, YoyoExpert server fairies will take care of the rest.

1 Like

Mine entryism.
All trickery:

15 Likes

Cool, but first trick must have another end

1 Like

Hi all! Here’s my video for Week 3. All 5 tricks.

16 Likes

I think I’ll be lucky if I get 2 this week, but I’m shooting for 3.

2 Likes