How to post videos to the forums

Yo it would be awesome if in the welcome to the forums info there could be a paragraph about how to embed videos directly onto the forums. This comes up all the time and it would be cool to be able to share a link instead of rewriting the same info. It could say something like, “You can upload videos to YouTube, Imgur, or TikTok and then post a link to that video on its own line with no spaces after and it will embed directly onto the forum.” There might be other platforms that work also but I know those three will embed directly and Instagram does not work.
Thanks!

14 Likes

I second this. We need to be able to post videos on forum if we have trick a week threads and video giveaways

5 Likes

I agree a pinned post on how to embed video would be nice if adding such a feature to the forum isn’t feasible

1 Like

discord media embeds directly and i find that to be the most convenient way to post video:

this way you can use video on a forum post given the lack of native video support.

3 Likes

Do I need to post it on discord to get the link? I don’t usually post my TaWs to discord hmmmm

@GTDropKnot Funny I messaged you 2 hours ago asking this very question, “is it Imgur use?” My bad, I didn’t see this post.

I currently use YouTube but I am going to switch to Imgur because it seems like less trouble. Only thing I don’t like about the embedded Imgur is that it plays the video over and over until you press pause.

Not sure how Discord works. I’m new. Is there a video creation feature? @EOS44

1 Like

Lol no worries I feel like literally everyone that decides they want to post a video has a bit of trouble figuring it out at first hah me included

1 Like

you can upload media in discord, and said media generates an embed URL that you can paste here in the forums.

2 Likes

personally i’d use youtube just for archival purposes, you have no idea when discord is going to randomly delete everything

youtube will atleast (hopefully :crossed_fingers:) give you significant notice and make it easy to do something if your stuff will be deleted

that is, if you care about the stuff you post persisting for the future :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes