Modern Responsive March 2024 - Week 2

Oh ya, FedEx Freakout is my favorite trick.

3 Likes

Week 2. I think this is all right?

15 Likes

I can land trapeze just fine. It’s the stalls that are very hard for me. Motor control issues make the subtle movements involved in getting those stalls very difficult for me. I set my yo-yos up to play very fast and sling them. I’m ok with that sort of stuff. But my thumb, pointer, and middle fingers on both hands are somewhat numb and quite often have a mind of their own. :rofl: That’s one of the many reasons I am enjoying the yo-yo so much. It’s therapy. I will keep at it but I feel like it will take me a long time to get stop motion yo-yoing. :rofl: I am continuing to practice what I’ve gotten so far. Even if it’s only luck hitting it now, the skill will come with time. Trapeze stall, undercount stall and no throwz are all foundational skills anyways so I want to get those down. I did feel a rhythm for No Throwz earlier this morning that seemed to feel right. Practice, practice, practice…:rofl::rofl::rofl: The encouragement to continue is always welcomed. Many here who yo-yo’d in the 90’s/00’s talk about hanging out in groups on the playground learning tricks together…this is something that I never experienced, so this is today’s version of this same thing, and I’m glad to be a part of it. Thanks everyone for just being cool people to hang with.

4 Likes

Anyone else notice how gentle Charlie is with his throws? Im amazed every video :laughing:. So gentle!

Meanwhile my knuckles are all bruised up :sweat_smile::laughing:

3 Likes

Lol I just finished the video. Guessing this was filmed early?

Im almost tempted to do this week on my mobile gamer to see if I can win a “unreleased” mobile gamer :laughing:. For the irony, and likely the pain of doing them on a micro :expressionless::joy:.

1 Like

Here’s my entry for week 2 of what I’d like to call modern responsive mutilation march. Because I suck a butt at responsive…

Also. I’d like to meet the young lady in the week 2 promo video :wink:

Jelly rolls
Donuts
Donut trucks

One Drop - deep state

13 Likes

Just remember, it’s not the size of the boat it’s the motion of the ocean!

2 Likes

Yo here’s the tricks! I added some extra arm crossing to the donut dumps. I hope that’s chill but lemme know if y’all want a truer to original version and I can do that. I used a deep state and loop720 for these.

17 Likes

Hell yeah 720! I used to keep one as a desktop modern responsive until it got drafted back into a looping pair.

5 Likes

Hah! I have three bc I wanted to half swap a pair and only had two matching. Works perfect bc now I got the biggest spacers in this also lol. It’s pretty good like it flips over so easy lol. I shouldn’t be surprised. Hah

4 Likes

ohh look at that the harbinger just dropped. one of our sponsors and prizes for this week. go check it out. Harbinger Yo-Yo by MK1 YoYos – YoYoExpert

4 Likes

Soon every video on these forums will feature a Throw-Yo tee!

1 Like

This might be why you struggle with stalls. Stall play is all about slow, light throws and a light touch. Fast throws make landing stalls hard. Try barely throwing your yoyos

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQpnfY-2EG4
Here’s my entry! Donut trucks was tricky :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah. I found out right away last month that fixed axles made it much easier. I also found out the hard way that you don’t really want that fast spin with a stall…it hurts. :rofl:
The encouragement and tips have been the most helpful. Easy throws…easy throws…:rofl:

5 Likes

I actually just went back and read my comment. I apologize… it sure does seem like I’m saying that slinging it is how I’m trying to make it stall…:rofl::rofl: A better way to put it would be that I have a much easier time with a more 1a style where you keep the yo-yo moving and that’s how I set my bearing responsives up. That type of play doesn’t present the same difficulty for me as stalls do. Though even that form of play becomes difficult when there are more elaborate finger motions needed. I think in the end…it’s all therapy, maybe it’ll eventually help my motor control, but it definitely always helps my mood. :grin::+1:

5 Likes

Both of these yoyos were committed to the Event, They did not have a release date. We shifted them to this week once we found out the release date. Script was already written.

It was a Honor that both of these companies trusted us with Pictures and Data for over a Month.

7 Likes

Oh yeah man i was just being a smartass. Kinda a striking thing when youre literally holding one.

Both brands are great! Nobody really cares on the minor error on release dates. And if you really really care, maybe check a calendar while writing the script if we really have to get into it.

No worries by me though. Im a huge supporter of Rain City Skills so im glad to see the mobile gamer pop up as a prize. :wink:

2 Likes

No apology necessary, steve! Responsive 1A is really fun, but definitely requires a different technique than 0A to not hurt oneself lol

3 Likes

I hope someone imports them to Europe. Otherwise i’m gonna have to win this week…

1 Like