Mid sized & slightly wide

broken collarbone means throwing less and browsing for shiny toys more

looking for something to work on my speed, chopsticks, and hooks when i get back to throwing in a few weeks time

can anyone reccomend some throws that are of the following dimensions or similar

diameter 52-55mm
width 46-48mm

preferablly reasonably competitive (stable & quick)

preferably not a fortune (so ruling out yyr and TP bimetals)

2 Likes

I think for speed and similar you can go with the YYF - Mir23, looking at the player, I mean he is the world champion lol and he mix all those stuff you looking for, otherwise probably some C3 stay in the cheap area, the Krown monometal, Cyber crash 2, Sf yoyo Motive can be a good one as well, Yoyofriends shortcut, Aceyo - Mercy 7.

All those are cheap options and very competitive in playing, still what you looking for I will go with the Mir23, looking at Mir and Miri style you can’t go wrong with that!

1 Like

yeah the motive looks very nice, thanks for the recommendation

1 Like

Haymaker OG is pretty small with lots of power and light weight. It’s not as wide as you are looking for, but would be fantastic for chopsticks.

1 Like

If I was you I will go Motive or KIm 23, just looking at the players (I do not have the yoyos) it seems 2 products which you can win a world championship where the skills needed are absolutely high as you know, they seems “complete” as yoyos.

Otherwise if you caring a lot about speed you can go with C3, basically all their lines are good for speed if you find a Radius is probably perfect, it is the Sion yoyo signature which basically play always speedy

1 Like

Emotion is on the larger side for your diameter but feels very nice.

2 Likes

Check the Duncan Roadrunner. It’s available for $20-$30 depending on where you get it and it’s very nice for the price. I was actually kind of shocked first time I threw it.

53x45 weighing in at just under 65 grams, it has a easy and agile play feel while being pretty stable and capable. It also grinds like a beast. I love mine.

1 Like

Hydrogen Crash fits that metric but it IS 100 bucks. For a bimetal that isn’t too bad though.

57x46.3mm, with a skeletal weight of 63.2-4 depending on finish. Fastest yoyo I own and also yoyo with highest power/weight ratio, stability/weight, and comfort/weight. Practically i can’t stop recommending this yoyo. Very comfy throw. Also performance beast for when your collarbone heals. Like when I say perform-driven I mean like I consider it better than the GTR-JS even. I know the diam is a bit on the big side but trust me on this.

TLDR: Get well soon and Hydrogen Crash for slightly bigger diameter than you want but like all the speed you will ever need and having no real downsides.

I feel the iq fits this even if it sits just outside the specs. Stable quick and seems on the smaller side due to the width

Look on the BST for a UNPRLD Reduction

Yeah I really love the motive. For me it’s the perfect balance of speed and nimbleness, and power and stability. That’s what I’m planning on using for competition this year. Highly recommended