Meeting random yoyoers!

do you mean Everlasting Gobstoppers!!!

i was on vacation it ocean city nj and on the boardwalk theres a store that specializes in kites, juggling, and yoyos. a bunch of random people learning in there. thats where i learned. they have anything from a yomega brain to a wavelength severe. and they buy used yoyos!

Theoretically, yes.

Now they are the size of tiny marbles. They are like “neverlasting Gobstoppers” these days.

so every week I take my little brother to hockey practice and usually I throw while he’s precticing to pass the time and one week this guy comes up to me and asks if he could see my yoyo, so I show it to him (a yyf whip nothing special) then he asks if he can try. I expected him to be terrible and throw it and say it was broken cause it wouldn’t come back up or something like that. But he totally blew my mind, he showed me yuuki slack and black hops and I was almost drooling cause I had never seen anything like it in real life, and I was only just starting the advanced tricks on yye. anyways we started talking and it turns out he used to compete and was good friends with andre boulay.

I’m still kicking myself in the face cause I forgot his name like an hour later

I have never met anyone, but I know for sure that at least 1 yoyoer lives in my city (Plumsauce on the other forum). So if you live in Ottawa give me a shout.

Do you no what everyone, everywhere will trade or not trade? No. So shut your mouth.

No, he probably doesn’t. However, judging by the fact that the chief costs approximately 90 dollars more than the echo, I have a feeling that he is right.

i was shopping in spencers looking for some lights when i saw one of the workers with a duncan shirt and immediatky asked him where he got it and he said world yoyo conyest and we had a long conversation

I love Gobstoppers, but they’re destroying my teeth!

Unfortunately, Hayward, a city in the east bay, CA is deprived of any form of yoyo activity. People here are the types that would be too ‘cool’ for ‘childrens toys’ if you know what I mean. Being in the bay area however, I’m sure there’s some yoyo activity going on besides myself…after all, how many people in the bay area interested in yoyos attend the BAC every year?

So far, I’ve only been fortunate once to run into a guy who had a yoyo collection, many being Yomegas and Tom Kuhns. I don’t think he was quite up to date knowledge-wise since he thought me doing a bind was another trick. I then gave him a quick explanation of unresponsive play and the things I can do with an unresponsive yoyo.

Also, as much as these people were not yoyoers, on their behalf, I think they were pretty lucky to run into me last weekend at a local Sport Chalet. I randomly walked over to their yoyos to see if they ever got anything new or if it was the typical Duncan collection (Squirrel, Pro Yo, Fly, Skeeter…). When I got over there, I immediately grabbed the Grind Machine, looking like I knew what I was after as I said out loud but to myself “Oh, sweet!” 2 other guys were standing there looking at me as they were looking at the yoyos. The one guy asks "You look like you probably know about these things, what’s the difference between this (PGM) and this (Velocity)? I gave him the rundown on responsive and unresponsive. He asked if YYF was a decent brand so that only begged me to pull out the Popstar and show him and do a couple tricks. He was then looking at the Duncans and joking he said “Hey, that’s you on the back” referring to me as a yoyo pro while pointing to Brandon Jackson’s photo. After telling them that I actually met the guy, they got all excited. Finally we went on our ways, the 2 guys left with a Velocity and a PGM so that they can compare the two. I just know that they probably had some excited kids on Christmas day, followed by probably 1 frustrated kid as his yoyo only sleeps.

One thing I really think is cool is how yoyoers are instantly able to connect and share stuff. :slight_smile: Prior to this, I’ve only mer a couple yoyoers at the local yoyo club. I thought it was really cool how that girl and I instantly started talking within moments of me pulling out my Battosai. Go community! ;D

my coworkers whom work at multiple stores we own called me one day to tell me there was another “thrower” at our lakeside location…i was super sad that i was there to meet him…other then that i had a guy in front of me at toys r us i noticed buying a metal drifter and i gave him a few strings and tips…

lol that was me :smiley: Im still excited that there are people who yoyo around the Walla Walla area!

Hey man, I’m actually going to college like 5 min away from Grand Rapids and I know some throwers around the area. In fact, I met two of them randomly at the Rivertown Mall. There’s also a very small and noobish (but learning!) yoyo club at my college. If you want, add me on Facebook, “Kyle Vegh,” and we’ll talk.

Once in a wallmart meet a girl.

And once met a dude at a Christmas concert.

You’re right, I don’t know. But since when is it a crime to make assumptions? Do the math, Chief-115$ Echo-45$. If you want to prove me wrong, go ahead, trade a Chief for an Echo, if not, then just shut your trap.

My friend, who just started yoyoing, was at In-N-Out when he saw someone with a yoyo hanging from a yoyo holder so he asked and the guy said it was a titanium yoyo.

Yeah once at school i saw a green yoyo flying through the air and I was like a nother yoyoer cool so i went over there and it was a kid just like me throwing a yyf 44 got that day to

ENOUGH!

I mean seriously. who really cares. No one should tell anyone to shut their mouth!
I’ll tell you what. I traded a $90 yoyo for a $20 yoyo before. I got the $20 yoyo. It was a good trae because I didn’t want the expensive one and I wanted what they had. I said it now no more bickering.

1 Like