me anglam got dinged!!

just 2 days? bummer

but one thing kinda cool about yoyos is that, even though they might get dings, you can’t see them with they spin…and yoyos are meant to spin soooo…that kinda makes it easier to accept IMO

Man, you should definitely play my Sleipnir xD Ok, it’s kinda invisible while spinning but I’d recommend not try to grind ;D

Ouch! lol

that’s nuts man! does it vibe a lot?! haha, a beaten up slepnir … makes me feel better lol

as smooth as when I got it :wink:

I’ll give you $40 for it. That’s generous considering how trashed it is.

You must have a really good life if your worst days are dinged yoyo days…you should feel blessed.

2 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t even sad though.

400$ yoyo here. this was years ago. should see it now. still my daily throw.

If you cry so much about dings then only throw on places where it’s safe like carpet or grass. And maybe try some shorter string or something.

that’s no way to live :wink:

… seems legit

what do you mean? what’s worst than dining an anglam huh? how blessed should i feel?! there are no people more miserable than me on earth atm…i need a day or two to digest the news and accept this new reality i’m living … no more mint anglam…that’s something right?

? That doesn’t even break the ano… quit being a pussy.

I’m sorry the resale value of your yoyo went down, since that’s all people care about.

1 Like

First day of getting a yoyo: I will keep this precious yoyo mint, and will protect it with my life if needed!

First day of getting a yoyo dinged: No!!! My sweet amazing yoyo! Why has this happened to you? :’( I loved you.

Second day of yoyo being dinged: Throws over concrete and gets dinged ehh whatever… lol

He said your life must be awesome, as in if dinging your yoyos is the worst thing that’s ever happened to you. Then WOW the rest of your life must be pretty good.
Know what I mean? :slight_smile:

I rarely do anymore. My ‘beater’ summit has a tiny flat spot that wasn’t put there by my. That’s the only damage. Basically I keep stuff perfect unless I receive it damaged. It’s not like I obsess over it, I just don’t ding stuff.

Yes, it is. Is still just damage when you ding a 200 dollar(or more) Yoyo.

Yoing is about having ‘fun’. It is not about living in fear of the impending potential/inevitable probability of getting ‘beauty marks’ on a Yoyo. Any Yoyo.

Yoing is about relaxing. Yoing is about adventure. Yoing is about busting some moves without ‘fear’ of having little regrettable incidents.

Never, ever, like in Neverever, ever, buy a Yoyo that you have to be afraid/ a nervous wreck about using.

1. I can’t take to the Yoyo club because they play over concrete.
  2. I can’t take it out because someone might want to try it.
  3. Even over carpet I might get a scuff.
  4. I can play in the back yard over the grass, but my string might break and my expensive Yoyo might go flying off, and Smack!
  5. I am afraid to use my Yoyo because if I do ‘Any damage to it’ it won’t be totally mint and will Drastically affect its resale value.
  6. Uh, I’m an older guy and I can afford expensive yoyos and I buy them. But sadly, I can’t play with any of them because my wife would KILL me if I took off my wedding ring. And I would completely die(like total death status) if I accidentally hit my high dollar yoyo into my wedding ring. I might have a Stroke or something of that nature.
  7. My mom bought me that $yoyo$ and told me if I get any marks on it, she will never let me eat dinner with the family again.
  8. If I get the smallest mark on it, the Yoyo might lose a second or two off Maximum potential sleep time or may have a tiny, almost imaginary micro vibe that may make me Dread finger or palm grinds, fo-Eva.
  9.    My dad bought a brand new Porsche 10 years ago. He keeps it in the Garage. He won't take it out when it's raining cuz it would get wet. He won't take it after it stops raining, because the ground is still wet. He won't take it out when it is too cold because he says it is bad for the paint. He won't take it out when it's hot, because he says it's bad for the paint. He won't let anybody sit in it because they might have a metal comb in their pocket or want to light a cigarette. He won't let my mom ride in it because he knows she would have to bring her Poodle with her. He won't take it to the Mall because he is afraid some jealous punk will scratch the paint. He won't take it to the Show because he is afraid it will be stolen from the parking lot.

He doesn’t want to put many miles on it, because it is a limited production model. And he says in 50 years, it will have a better resale value if it has Low Mileage on the Odometer.

my dad bought something to ‘Enjoy’, yet totally lives in fear of fulfilling the Original intention of buying a Porsche in the first place. (Totally made up story, to give perspective.)

… If you get a 4x4, find some Mud. If you get a Diving Watch, find some water. If you buy a Porsche, Drive that Sucker! If you get a Real Mountain bike, find a mountain or even a hill or even a mound of muddy dirt, and wail.

And if you buy a Yoyo, yes, even an expensive Yoyo, be careful, but have fun with it. Use it. Enjoy it. Take some chances with it. Let somebody try it. Get your monies’ worth out of it. Be Bold. Bust a move. Be Adventurous. You already ‘Paid’ the price of admission. Let the Yoyo Show begin!
If you have to be preoccupied with its future BST value, you should not have gotten the Yoyo in the first place.

Yoing is about Fun. Fear of throwing is not about having fun. Fear and fun, more often than not, only share the same first letter.

If… You are actually still worried sick about your expensive or inexpensive Yoyo, not remaining absolutely blemish free, for the rest of Time, then I still have an alternative solution for you.

Walk out to the garage and just sit the yoyo(s) down in the shotgun seat of Dad’s’ Porsche. If the sky looks gloomy, take an umbrella with you to keep the Yoyo from getting wet. Lock the garage and give Dad the keys back. Your entombed yoyos will be forever safe and Minty pure. And you will have as much fun with them as somebody that always wanted a Porsche and just keeps it locked up.

… Now go down to the Dollar Tree and pretend to have fun, playing with a Tin piece of crap you can wreck without Fear.

I think I’m gonna go down to my Concrete driveway and do some Offstring with my Anglam.

Doh!

1 Like

good

…that umpussiburu !

lol, exatcly XD , i feel the same, funny you can’t help but feel like that for each new throw

well …yea i guess when you put it like that i do have a pretty darn good life… still, the bad things in mine (dinging my yoyos) feel as bad as your bad things , you know what i mean? it’s all about point of views

that’s “off the hook” bro…no really… like…like…“offstring” XD LOL
(im the worst i know)
i get what you’re saying though, but there are people who don’t ding em …how can it be? look up ^

nope, i don buy yoyos with selling them in mind… it’s just for me and forever. i don’t see them as investment

Look here
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,68711.msg756772.html#msg756772
This will make you forget about that little ding

Yoyo=toy.

Yoyo= paintbrush.

It’s a tool that makes beautiful art.