Me again, having more issues lol

So I posted a few weeks ago about buying the Oscillator and not realizing it was unresponsive or what that meant. I ended up buying the Sherpa this time because it was a responsive yoyo, but again, it doesnt come up when i pull up on the yoyo. am i just terrible at this? Ive had better experiences with a 5 dollar yoyo so far and im about to just give up and get a 5 dollar yoyo and toss these “amazing yoyos” in the trash lol. What am i doing wrong here? I just want a simple yoyo but I wanted it to be metal and high quality. Super frustrating.

3 Likes

The Sherpa has a responsive version and an unresponsive version, you might have gotten the wrong one. You can buy a half spec bearing and a shorter axle to fix this.

It comes with a bearing and short axle installed and a different bearing and a longer axle in a plastic bag. I assumed since it can mo to unresponsive the stuff in the bag is what allowed it to mod?

1 Like

Yes. When you throw the yoyo and pull it back up, does it come up half way and then fall back down? Does it bounce up without winding the string?

Bounces up without winding the string, similar to the Oscillator yoyo I have.

1 Like

Do you have any thick yoyo lube?

I dont have any yoyo lube, these are the first 2 yoyos ive bought for myself in 25 years lol

1 Like

Sounds to me like the bearing needs a bit of (thick) lube. Just a little dab’ll do ya.

2 Likes

I would recommend buying some thick yoyo lube, that might help with the Sherpa.

1 Like

Wish I had known that before buying it lol, would have bought it at the same time… One would assume bearings came lubricated. Guess thats what happens when you assume… any particular lube you would recommend? At this point it should be obvious I dont know wtf Im talking about lol.

2 Likes

Make sure to get response/loop.

2 Likes

Please don’t get discouraged. It all does seem confusing - like the slogan should be Make the Simple Complicated. Do you have any kind of oil at home to use? I couldn’t find the thread here with home remedies. Some people have used a little chapstick, a drop of sewing machine oil, fishing real oil. Somebody help me, please. I just don’t want you to hate yoyos and give up.

2 Likes

I dont give up easy lol. Im just frustrated as all getup. The kids love their yoyos which is why I wanted one also lol. I have chainsaw bar oil currently… Ill buy the real yoyo bearing oil as from what Ive read, you need a certain type of oil and since I spent 150 bucks between the 2 yoyos… I dont want to ruin either of them!

3 Likes

Prob the safe thing to do. If I recall, this video covers all the basics of properly lubing a yoyo bearing. Don’t worry too much about over-lubing a responsive bearing. It’s unresponsive bearings that require just a TIIIINY bit of oil.

2 Likes

thanks guys! appreciate the help!

5 Likes

@G00B3R i can send u some string with thick lube, (i accidentally bought thick lube instead of thin and don’t have enough money to buy thin lube, so all of my bearings r ded :rofl:)

While you wait for thick lube, you could try double or even triple-looping your string around the bearing. Sleep time may suffer, but response should improve.

6 Likes

that is tru big fax will help with response

Yeah please any questions you have come here first. If you post or even dm me if you’d like, people here will make sure you’re making informed purchases.

4 Likes

Just don’t go nuts with it. You do not want to get oil on the response pads. Even a little bit will make them expand and pop out.

3 Likes