MB's Powder Thread! Come & see the power of powder!

CLYW Chief “Warrior edition”…
My man azznboyaZ sent back his Chief for a face lift. He wanted a 2 color fade done over a matte black base. Now at first I had envisioned a straight up perfectly layed out fade all nice and daintaly aranged. When I started doing it I hit a point where it seemed like it was ready to take a slight turn towards a “tougher” looking part of town, so I went with it.

I let the spray basicaly land where it wanted to and when the dust settled I rough brushed back a little of the fade to expose the rim a bit to show the matte black. IMO, as I told azznboyaZ, since its a Chief and a premium throw in most peoples opinion I felt like this would kinda say “seen that before now what?”. That’s where the “Warrior edition” comes from. A throw thats been through it and wants to soak up a few more lesser throws on its way to a nice nap! :wink:

Won’t be for everybody but only matters what he thinks of it. This will be the first time he has seen it since just the matte black. If he doesn’t like it I told him to let me know right here cause thats how I roll baby. 8)

1 Like

Okay, So my thoughts?
GLORIOUS
Only thing, id like a tad more blue
But otherwise.
Holy sweet mother of GOD This thing is by FAR the best work you have ever done.
The fact you could even do this.
Insane for sure!

Yeah buddy!!

Just so happens I left the blue and pink ready for some touch ups.

Well when this is fixed up
i will be the most PROUD owner there is.
EVER

1 Like

I’m getting all choked up.

Anyway that was your 30 seconds in the spot light. Gotta got another set of pics up. :smiley:

THE HUT
I CANT wait TO SEE THIS LUCKY GUYS HUT!

Hut is hanging in a climate controled location right now drying out to go in the oven. I got my fingers crossed and my toes on this one.

YYR Sleipnir solar rain sunny day pics…
Not gonna lie friends this puppy is straight up badness. Ultra slick look to this powder. Has a great amount of depth to it while still maintaining the translucent properties. In the first pic you can actually see the reflection of the red towel in the rim through the powder.

Sorry about the dust in the pics…

that is one handsome Sleipnir!

I call BS. No yoyo is allowed to look that good.

That Sleipnir absolutely oozes class.

1 Like

Bob makes yoyos look. This good

I know, it was my way of giving him kudos…

I need that Sleipner…

I still have it highest bidder anyone? ;D

Nice avatar pic Bob :wink:

Still depressed I had to send that back. :cry:

Thank you

I’m about to PM you mullicabob. I only posted this because I realized I never subscribed to your powder thread ;D

Shame on you!! ;D

just wondering, on average how long does it take you to coat a single yoyo?