White powder coat

Anyone know someone who does very well at powder coating? Specifically wanting a white powder coated yoyo. Thanks for the help! :blush:

1 Like

@yoyospirit

You can try him. I’m not certain he still does it anymore though.

2 Likes

Is Mullicabob still around? He does damn fine powdercoat work. I LOVE powdercoated yoyo’s.

2 Likes

Mullicabob hasn’t been around in quite some time.

I don’t believe he does; in fact, he rarely yoyos anymore - he’s focusing on powerlifting.

I haven’t talked to Bob in years.

You could try finding a local body shop and see if they could do it, a lot of those places pc brake calipers.

1 Like

Every so often I think about pulling out my powdercoating gear again. But then I get distracted with any of the millions of other things I enjoy doing. So…probably not.

1 Like

He did make a brief appearance recently, at least! His topic is still epic…

Powdercoats look awesome. I might try to get one done in the near future :slight_smile:

We have a powder coating machine in the leather studio I work at - how would one prevent the coat not gumming up the response pad rings/bearing seat - do you tape it off somehow?

When we powder coat it adds a thick layer on top of whatever you coated - would this ruin the yoyos weight distribution? Or any ergonomic factors for that matter?

If someone would like to give me a 101 course on powder coating throws (give me instructions/beater throws to practice with) I can do it for anyone/everyone who’s looking for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Had to do a double take at this topic.

3 Likes

WHITE POWAA!!!

7 Likes

That’s dope