MB's Powder Thread! Come & see the power of powder!

YYF JK in half orange hlaf blue flat “ano” powder coat…

Looks like a Stardust… With each new powder coat you post, the harder it is for me to choose :stuck_out_tongue: They all look so great!

Wow just went through all 22 pages of this thread. These are all amazing, seriously. I can’t wait to see what comes next, and I may have to get a PC job done soon…

1 Like

That Jk went from looking like a $5 junker throw, to looking amazing! can’t wait until I get it back!

I need to save up so I can get my Code 1 pc. BTW do you also PC beaters?

Beaters were made for pc!

Im anxious to see your work in glow in the dark/ blacklight, if you can come up with something that glows bright. I will send you a throw in to paint bro, I need a throw to take to raves with me, GLOW! :slight_smile: let me know buddy.

Was messing with that today and it’s dead in the water as of now. The manufacturers statement that this is gloss white in the day and then a blue glow in the dark is a serious stretch. The gloss white is very nice but in the sun for 2 hours and even under the black light you get next to nothing for glow. I’ll be calling them to talk.

I have glow material that puts off a fanatastic glow, aqua and violet, but the grain size of the glow material is just a wee to big and gives a rough feel. Two coats of clear will solve that but the vibe becomes an issue.

Back to the drawing board for now.

CLYW Chief in a matte black…
First step in a multi step layout for you know who…
This thing looks super tough in the matte black with the polished inner gap…

I have a Green PSG i cant send you that you can mess around with if ya like bro.

I’m all over it. Just pm me.

gotchu

Is there a PC that can withstand abuse? I’ve always wondered if PC’s are durable.

Yes they are durable, very. Translucents are prone to fine scratches that can be removed but due to hazard content it prohibits me from saying how. Most scratches in standard colors can be wet sanded and then buffed care must be taken though to make sure heat stays at a minimum so as not to melt it. Impact resistance is very very good big dings and dents and even chips can be repaired but it’s a bit tricky.

If memory serves there may be a few impact resistant versions out there. I do know there is one on the market offered in black that contains teflon and is supposed to be extremely slippery. Used on rolling parts and things like that. Might be the all time grind machine in the works!

Continue to be impressed! That matte Chief is super bad. I love that exposed polished metal bit… super classy and bad to the bone.

1 Like

Would you be able to do a Matte White, Matte Black checkerboard pattern?

Sure. Just need to get some matte white.

That chief is just pure class…

1 Like

I would love to see that. Most dope.

Bob how does the matte black powder compare to ano powder? It looks a little thicker.

Seems to “lay up” the same as everything else has a slightly slicker/smoother feel to it. The hubs are always tough to coat on the CLYW’s due to the rings. Overall I’m digging it, nothing wrong with a murdered out yoyo in your collection. Maybe some translucent red skulls in there would set it off.

The flat ano’s are in a class of there own. Even if the thickness is close with the others the ano’s just simply feel like something else.

I will in the not so distant future have another test piece for you to review. Something that’s a little more high tech coating wise, very pricey but may just put everything else to sleep.