Markmont. Nylon strings and 10-pack samplers

:hugs:

2 Likes

Bet

1 Like

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 8.46.15 AM

2 Likes

Seeing these come out really makes me want to get some new stringsā€¦ and a cerakote FRS MP2. But I shouldnā€™t lol.

I forgot to mention these 2 discount offersā€¦ :slight_smile:

Today only, take 15% off all new Markmont. Formulas with code: FORMULADROP15
Offer Expires 11:59pm PT, Dec 7th

Enjoy 10% Off with code PRODIGAL10

Valid until December 31

3 Likes

Yeah I saw these in the newsletter for this release. I really want to try the winter carnivals and cerakote, but I donā€™t need more yo-yos haha

1 Like

Ordered some samples from that site, had a weird interaction regarding shipping so probably sticking with my yysl after this. Plus was put off by the people ā€œinterviewedā€ or whatever on the site.

I too have had some quirky shipping experiences with them. I placed a string order on 11/29, got shipping notification on 12/1 but with no info until 12/7 that itā€™s actually at their local post office. I think some software help automate things and will notify you when a label is printed. Over the summer i had a similar experience where i got notification, but no updates after a weekā€¦ maybe longer, but it eventually arrived. At that time i reached out to inquire and was brushed off that its a local post office problem and not to worry, but i think they print the label but donā€™t drop it off until the a while later. It can be an annoyance in relation to amazon or yye shipping experience in which you receive your order days later. I just try assume it will take 2 weeks and not worry. maybe your experience was similar.

1 Like

For some reason, this has been typical for multiple shops shipping out of Veneto, OR for the last couple years. Never had an issue with things showing up.

I think the geographical location itself is also not as ideal for nationwide shipping as others, so it takes a couple extra days to get to me even though it is technically several hundred miles closer (than YYE).

2 Likes

Alright, time to try out some strings!

5 Likes

Yep. I think that person just lags taking the orders to the post office and would feel more like buying again if they just admitted to
That. Anyway weā€™ll see how they play. Personally Iā€™ve really been loving the yysl nytro +
And ammo the most so far

I hate that this thread died on shipping issues. I got the regular thickness Nylon Nylon Nylon and they are wonderful. I took one and ran it through most all of my yoyos and it worked like a champ on everything but the widest gaps. The price is insane plus ten percent off through the end of the year with PRODIGAL10. I have no affiliation other than we both live in Atlanta. I just think they are excellent and deserved some more love,

7 Likes

I just got some yesterday, and started playing with it. Definitely requires time to break in. Iā€™m new to 100% nylon so Iā€™m just adjusting to the feel/play.

4 Likes

Agreed!

My order came in on Monday. Been having fun string swapping! :grin:

5 Likes

If youā€™re talking about the bounce thatā€™s a property of the string. Thats what I love about them but I could certainly see someone going the other way.

Out of the bag they are wrinkly and after some play the string relaxes. I initially had trouble with slack tricks. The soft bounce is nice, cant wait to throw on a thick string too :grinning:

1 Like

I ordered all three Nylon Nylon Nylon thicknesses.

The ā€œthickā€ is a little thinner than the couple other 100% nylon strings that I have tried and has a similar consistency. Relatively fluffy and yarn like.

The ā€œregularā€ is the thinner nylon that I have been wanting. Smooth and snag resistent without being oversized.

The ā€œthinā€ is interesting. I can see the appeal for complex mounts where thin-ness and low drag will be a benefit. But it is very light ā€“ maybe to the point that slacks and whips suffer.

I donā€™t think any are as bouncy as other nylon strings I have tried, but they do have noticeable give compared to Dragon/Draken/Night Moves.

7 Likes

Thanks for your review and pic. Am I missing something on the thicknesses? The site shows thin, regular and thick. How do you get ā€œtech thinā€?

1 Like

Good catch. I ordered a bunch and the thinnest versions of Dragon, Cirrus Foam & Night Moves are ā€œtech thinā€ but the thinnest Nylon Nylon Nylon is just ā€œthinā€.

1 Like

I was just afraid I was missing out on something.

1 Like