New release from Markmont. - The Markmont. Classic Magnum Opus!

Mark Montgomery has been in the game as an active competitor, innovator, and designer longer than most. He understands not only the complexities but also the power of staying simple. His Markmont. Classic celebrates six years as a standard in organic design and his newest iteration is one to get excited about. This is the Magnum Opus.

The original Markmont. Classic was an attempt at creating the next ‘best classic organic’ throw in a timeline of other classic organic shape throws - the SuperYo Renegade, Duncan Freehand 1 and Buzz-On Industries Element X to name a few. We argue that he achieved that and more with Markmont. Classic becoming the golden standard in organic design.

In Mark’s own words:
“There’s a really specific balance I wanted to strike. If too stable it takes away from the throws play signature, but too unstable and it is too sensitive to play mistakes (yet this is crucial to allow for easier manipulation of the throws speed and axis adjustment). Right in the middle is where I wanted to be. Achieving this with a simple amount of visual details and details that were unique to the Markmont. brand specifically, was the challenge.”

The Magnum Opus keeps everything we loved about the original Classic, but plays with high grade 7075 aluminum for improved smoothness, durability and a further polished weight distribution. It has marked improvements for multi-string layering trick play, stability refinement, and a new tailored cup area aesthetic.

Strong yet visually poised, it is a new Classic that is worth getting excited about even if you have the original. A true masterpiece brought to you by Markmont.

Releasing Saturday 8/22 @ 8PM EDT.

18 Likes

OHHHHHHH SNAP! Instabuy.

5 Likes

This looks awesome. Do they all come with spike side effects?

if you look at the individual images on the page (not group shots) you can see all the side effects. Some come with spike, some have flat caps, and the pink/aqua fade one has energy domes.

7 Likes

It says made in China at the bottom, is that true? Onedrop didn’t manufacture this run?

1 Like

Gotta be a copy / paste error. Suspect it will be fixed shortly.

1 Like

I am also curious about this. Hopefully its just an error… Not sure if it was made by OneDrop or something Mark Montgomery made on his own. The brand says Markmont.

2 Likes

Yeah, just a mistake, will fix. Made by One Drop in the USA.

12 Likes

Is that a Nickel finish? Or just clear?

1 Like

Not nickel, it’s just anodized. Not quite a clear though, kind of a yellow hue to it, calling it “Champagne”.

6 Likes

Dang I was just about to ask if they are doing nickel

2 Likes

The catch zone profile looks exactly like a Top Deck… :thinking:

I think it would be the Top Deck that looks like a Markmont. Classic!

8 Likes

The Magnum Opus is what I’m saying looks like a Top Deck, not a Classic. The Magnum Opus isn’t a Classic, right?

It’s a 7075 Aluminum version of the Classic.

7 Likes

Do you know if it’s “boosted” like the seven summits, kuntosh QV and legendary terrarrian?

1 Like

I think I was reading too much into the above statement, thinking that it meant the catch zone was (also) tweaked. I guess not!

@Markmont can probably elaborate on this.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the term boosted.

This is a refined Markmont. Classic fitted with 7075. There were no major tweaks to the design, just minor instances like some radius transitions and the cup area around the side affect area :+1:t6:

20 Likes

This is a much more accurate statement.

6 Likes