Markmont. Classic Magnum Opus - New Colors!

MCMO:

The Magnum Opus keeps everything we loved about the original Classic, but plays with high grade 7075 aluminum for improved smoothness, durability and a further polished weight distribution. It has marked improvements for multi-string layering trick play, stability refinement, and a new tailored cup area aesthetic.

Releasing Friday 6/4 @ 8PM EDT.

19 Likes

Is that a red/purple fade?

1 Like

AHHH!! Which color do I get?

1 Like

is the clear one clear champagne or just normal clear, or it’s nickel?

the picture shown here is nickle, on the website there is a picture of nickle and champagne

so nickle is the one going to be available for sale then?

I dont know, probably nickle for sure. on his site I didn’t see champagne but was selling clear. thats what I got, clear. but last time yye sold the champagne so idk. you just gonna have to view when its available. also this is “batch 1” implying there will be another “batch” at some point in the future, probably with different colors as well

are all the clear sold out right now?

go look

It’s like a brownish/maroon and Purple fade. Looks really nice with the purple side effects.

Yep! Nickel will be available.

1 Like

So, the colorways available here are: kelly green, olive green, blue, nickel, brown/maroon fade, gunmetal?

Is it just those six? I need to make up my mind beforehand! I feel like I’ve been waiting for this forever.

1 Like

Yup, the 6 colors in the photo are all the colors we will be releasing.

1 Like

I got a regular markmont classic in the darker grey color directly from his site a couple of years ago, I believe the name of that colorway is Tech Grey, and it’s still one of my favs. Haven’t seen any pop up in this color since. May have to grab a Tech Grey MCMO as well…

4 Likes

Is this batch shipped with DRAKEN string as well?

1 Like

How does using 7075 improve “smoothness”? Isn’t smooth-spin about the machining?

4 Likes

My guess is that it is more rigid which would lead to less vibration through the material. I think the difference would be minimal though

It’s just marketing dude.

8 Likes

I think, just like other terms used in yoyo, the term smooth can be ambiguous. In this case, I don’t think that Mark is referring to spin smoothness or lack of vibe but instead a smoothness in play. As in how smoothly the yoyo is able to transition from one trick element to another. This feature is attributable to the weight distribution, which is impacted by the choice of material.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure it just means that they used a high-grade 7075 as opposed to a low-grade 7075. The 4-digit numbers describe the mixture of the alloy, but not the quality.

1 Like

I was just curious. I like Xanadu’s answer. Thanks.

4 Likes