Markmont. Classic Magnum Opus - New Colors!

Thanks everyone for not selling out the maroon-purple fade too quickly.

Monochromatic variations, that’s what I like. It looks like a jewel, amethyst. My normal green fluorescent string really pops with it.

Nice how the side effects make it possible to match each half so the fades line up.

The MC has long been a must have for me but it took a long time to finally get one. Inspiring to throw.

10 Likes

I have always associated 7075 with spin and stability (aka: performance). It is interesting to hear other attributes that may; or may not be affected by the choice of materials and the resulting yo-yo experience.

Is there more to it than just performance? Are various styles of yo-yo affected by material-choice?

I ask because most comparisons of materials focus on performance. I am curious as to the properties that may affect “feel” and “playability”?

1 Like

I go into comparing the 6061 vs. 7075 versions in my review here.

In this case, the MCMO does end up increasing some of the typical “performance” parameters such as spin power and stability because they increased the rim weight slightly. Really what it comes down to though is that 7075 is stronger and denser. It can be made thinner without compromising durability. The higher density can make it more efficient for placing weight where you want it and then making it thinner where you don’t want weight. I don’t feel that 7075 is necessarily better than 6061, because I feel that 6061 has its own value and uniqueness that I also truly enjoy. I am particularly intrigued by how One Drop goes about tweaking the designs of their “boosted” (7075 redesign) versions.

6 Likes