New release from Markmont. - The Markmont. Classic Magnum Opus!

As the title of the post suggest it is the ‘Markmont. Classic Magnum Opus’.

Literally a Markmont. Classic.

9 Likes

Just wondering if there’s going to be a nickel version coming out? @Markmont

1 Like

Unfortunately not. And no OneDrop yoyos will be seeing nickel anytime soon.

7 Likes

Super excited for this! Fingers crossed I can grab one :smiley:

The colors look great!

1 Like

OD used that term around the time they came out with the Legendary Terrarian, IIRC. I think it refers to the way they added power by adding mass inside the cup. The Legendary Terrarian and Top Deck are the two examples of that I can think of off hand, though the Top Deck predates that term I think.

I don’t think the Kuntosh 5kQV qualifies as that has weight added directly to the rim, but I’m not entirely certain.

I haven’t heard the term used since.

5 Likes

Oh awesome thanks for obsoleting all my existing Markmont Classics, ya jerks :wink:

8 Likes

They’re not obsolete, they’re even more classic now!

6 Likes

So dope

1 Like

I can’t decide which colorway to get. I like them all :confused:

I kinda alludes to it right in the copy. The main idea with this one wasn’t really to make a much more powerful version, but rather use the 7075 to tweak the characteristics. At least, that was what I gleaned from it, and what Mark added above. I’m being redundant, I guess… :man_shrugging:

“There’s a really specific balance I wanted to strike. If too stable it takes away from the throws play signature, but too unstable and it is too sensitive to play mistakes (yet this is crucial to allow for easier manipulation of the throws speed and axis adjustment). Right in the middle is where I wanted to be. Achieving this with a simple amount of visual details and details that were unique to the Markmont. brand specifically, was the challenge.”

5 Likes

Total wantyness. But where will I be in three hours??

2 Likes

Is the 63 gram weight with ultra light side effects I assume? Thanks!

1 Like

I managed to grab a champagne one, those went so quick so I am pretty happy cause those look so clean. The black/silver and pink/teal fades were also pretty awesome but also went as quickly lol.

4 Likes

Yeah I debated between that and the champagne, ended up with the fade since it was still around while the champagne was gone in like two minutes lol.

2 Likes

I missed out on Champange! :frowning: Was really trying for that one to match my clear OG MMC Settled for all black.

6 Likes

Both fade where gone in minutes.

3 Likes

Based on my unscientific poll, nobody likes teal. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I picked up a Black/Silver Fade, which was my first choice … but I also tried to pick up a Champagne and it was snatched from my cart mid-way. :expressionless: I’m excited to throw this tho!

3 Likes

Very happy about that because it’s the color I wanted to match my other markmont.

3 Likes