New release from Markmont. - The Markmont. Classic Magnum Opus!

Blues are actually one of the colors that tend to underperform in general funnily enough

2 Likes

I was wondering about that exact thing – which colors perform best/worst in general?

The colorway I’m affectionately calling “clown vomit” (too lazy to look up the real name) sold out before anything else – and I was like, who’s buying that… I always go for black; boring perhaps, but a true classic. :wink:

But wow, these things moved fast! They’ll be sold out real soon… congrats to those who got one, and Markmont.

7 Likes

I dig the deep, rich blue colorway that the video suggests the existence of…

9 Likes

I’m hoping there’s a second wave with red.

2 Likes

More runs! More colors! More!!

7 Likes

:pray:t6::pray:t6::pray:t6::pray:t6:

13 Likes

More champagnes, more ultralights

4 Likes

ha! I can’t believe all but the teals sold out so fast! Big congrats @Markmont!

4 Likes

Wow, the champagne went so fast. Got an orange one after two failed grabs at the fade.
Now, we wait :rofl:

6 Likes

We need a colorway with red, purple, and green, so we can call it the MMORPG.

13 Likes

Only one more Teal left 20 hours later

1 Like

I want it sooo bad. I just got the SB-Ti so not in the budget.

1 Like

We did it, everybody!

We sold out of Teal!

#TeamTeal

10 Likes

Looks like you sold out of everything. Guess I will have to wait for the next run.

1 Like

Man COPIUS amounts of respect and appreciation to all yall for the support and to those who got a chance to cop. Seriously humbled and thankful for yall fr :pray:t6: :pray:t6:

28 Likes

I just got mine (well, both of them as I bought a black to throw and a black/white fade to hold). It’s super smooth and really fun to throw.

Kudos @Markmont !!!

4 Likes

Actually … while I’m here. @Markmont or anyone else playing the new one … mine seems to play semi-responsive, and I’m wondering (since I’m new to Yoyo) … is this maybe my string is too thick (playing string lab)? The new yoyo with brand new response pads will take time to “break-in” if you will … Just curious. The Magnum Opus is pretty dope tho!

Cheers,
Dale

2 Likes

Clean or swap the bearing out. Sometimes even newer bearing go responsive quickly.

1 Like

I’ve had that experience with the OD bearings; don’t add too much lube. I did that and messed it up. Try adding only a very small amount to one side and then throw it a bunch of times as fast as possible. What I was seeing looked like this: I would throw the yoyo, and if I bounced it up to about head height, I would see the string start to bind/wrap and it would snap back to my hand when it got up to the apex of the bounce. Also, I tried to pick the yoyo up with a claw grip and as soon as I picked the yoyo up the string would bind/wrap. It’s now been a few weeks since I saw that problem, and it seems to have gone away completely.

I discovered this when I was trying to learn some unresponsive stop ‘n’ go tricks from DocPop.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll address the bearing. I also thought it might be because I’m playing a plutonium string that feels thick, not sure if that would contribute to the problem? Again, I’m very new to all of this.

Thanks y’all

1 Like