Markmont. Nylon strings and 10-pack samplers

Dddd

FWIW, my last order took 13 total days between the shipment showing up in the USPS system and delivery.

1 Like

Wwww

It did, but there was a 11 day gap between shipping label creation and acceptance by USPS.

This is just my speculation, but my guess is that shipping labels are automatically created when the order is submitted. USPS acceptance may be delayed by preparing orders (maybe even making the strings) and organizing drop-off/pickup.

1 Like

Looks like it normally takes 2-3 weeks after purchasing for the strings to arrive. With it being holiday season might even be an extra week or two. And HSB is right about the shipping label being autogenerated before it actually ships out.

I ordered on the 15th and it still hasnā€™t shipped out yet. I havenā€™t been in a rush as I kind of expected this from previous experience but Iā€™ll probably shoot them an email soon. They are generally good about responding to emails within a couple days.

Zzzz

Howdy all - bbbiigggg time apologies for the shipping delays by USPS. Also yes, big bbbiiggg thanks to all those that have extended props on the new formulas in this thread.

To provide some clarity, and this is what Iā€™ve been informing buyers via email who inquire, we fulfill the orders the same day the confirmation emails are sent out (I promise and have the records). I know it appears as though we merely create labels and forget to drop off, but I assure you thats not the case. Our manufacturing shed is literally on Wills property and he drops off very regularly.

Since covid, our local post office has been ā€œvery badā€ about updating tracking info, consistently. Weā€™ve had various packages arrive before any tracking info showing status update online. We rarely have packages fully go missing, but I very much understand how frustrating it is to not be able to get any type of update on where your order is. Iā€™ve been in comms with the Post Office directly to try and get a grip around a better solve, but also yes, please please please reach out to me via the site or any platform any time you feel a sizzle of frustration.

Always down to replace orders that are moving too slow and looking debatable on if they will arrival.

10 Likes

Could they wait to create label until itā€™s actually ready to take to the PO/get picked up by PO?

When it stays ā€œlabel createdā€ and no movement for weeks, I assume itā€™s just sitting there and I just have to be patient and tolerant to the way a small business operates.

Itā€™s yoyo strings. I have enough to last several lifetimes already. They get here eventually. When they do, itā€™s a pleasant surprise because Iā€™ve usually forgotten to worry about them.

Love the Nylons! Everything else feels like brick masons line. But then again Iā€™m not willing to break them in. No complaints here!

Pppp

1 Like

OneDrop is in Eugene. Weā€™re in Veneta.

2 Likes

Def glad you dig the Nylons good sir.

As it pertains to process, thatā€™s exactly what happens. As soon as all the orders are made consecutively, they all get hand delivered to the post office the same day the tracking email arrives in email inbox. The tracking information for a large majority of packages is unfortunately inaccurate.

Weā€™re def weighing different options to try and figure out how to get around this issue. It causes a lot of frustration for many.

Zzzz

Itā€™s in the blend of considerations, but unfortunately itā€™s not quite that simple. Weā€™ll certainly be figuring out a solve that mitigates the issue though.

1 Like

Gone

We are definitely as small as can be - itā€™s just Will in Oregon manufacturing, packaging, shipping the orders, and me in Atlanta designing, planning, operating the brand/business. We also donā€™t work the Shop all days/times of the week at this stage of the game, so certain procedural snags that arise out of no where like this seasons ship lag, just take a bit more dialing to be able to get proper with respects to budget hrs/cost.

OneDrop has their packages retrieved by the postal service, where as we donā€™t have that option - also its 40 to 45 minutes to the Eugene post office from where weā€™re located.

Def not happy about this seasons shipping complications, but also yes, Iā€™m always down to resolve order frustrations with as much accommodation as possible. We donā€™t shy away from refunds and conflict resolution, and when applicable, fully replace orders with extra freebies on top of the refunds. Your 2nd order was refunded earlier this evening for the inconvenience.

Iā€™m confident your 2nd order will still arrive, but as relayed in DM and email, if nothing changes by Monday, a replacement package will be punted out.

10 Likes

Im having exactly the same issue as everybody else, but Iā€™m sure everything will be figured out soon! :pray:

1 Like

Zzzz

2 Likes

I consistently encounter shipping issues whether Iā€™m ordering during holidays or not. It seems improbable for a shipping label to be generated, dropped off, and not scanned at a post office for weeks. If this is the case, instead of complaining to the office, it might be more effective to address the concerns with public officials. Additionally, your saying you only have one post office within a 20-30 minute radius? seems inadequate. Even so implementing a system where labels are created and shipments are batched for a weekly run could significantly improve the overall customer experience. Many customers would likely appreciate transparency about the processing time, such as acknowledging a two-week period for string production before shipping out, rather than attributing delays solely to USPS.

Also just raise your shipping another dollar or two and go fedex or ups. Like my address you charge $5 to ship, if you use pirateship you can easily get the labels for that price or just a bit more and you cut out USPS as the first stop and know itā€™s getting scanned. Idk Iā€™d love for the shipping stuff to be fixed and the consistency of tightness on orders, because you make some great strings.

3 Likes

My speculation about slacks and whips was incorrect. Compared to regular, I think that thin is at least as good in this regard.

Overall I am enjoying the thin more than regular. I think it performs well and it is just so different from anything else that I have personally tried.

2 Likes

Big time glad this is your take on thin. My biggest and only hope when developing it was that folks would give a try for themselves - being that historically most folks tend to shy very very far away from anything thin.

One thing to call out, and for anyone else reading this, is give it a whirl on some older slim gap yoyos. Youā€™ll get an increased amount of spintime and have a ā€œlotā€ less grab happening with technical tricks. Really letā€™s you experience older throws in a new way.

6 Likes