Magic Yoyo

I would agree. I can do the same stuff on a T6 than with an avalanche, but i just find my higher end yo-yos to have more of a “soul” to them.

And THERE is a valid point. I find my fhzs have more soul then my shallow, cold, metals. I don’t mind if someone prefers other stuff, or bonds with other brands more… But it’s dumb to come here and try to take shots at myy cuz they used a lower grade metal (on a $13 throw lol).

Arguments or ‘discussions’ will always occur between any nationalist attitude/idea. As Friedman said 8 years ago… The world is flat. This economic reality has generated a lot of fear which naturally feeds all sorts of tribalism/nationalism across the globe. Any division creates conflict, it’s a universal law. :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer to buy what I want from wherever I want as a free person who earned my own money and is beholden to no one. I understand this freedom makes me a horrible ‘customer’ to many as I don’t have ‘loyal’ dollars only for them. I also understand there are plenty of hobbies and none of them have any ‘magic’ thing to save you or make you happy. You might, but that’s inside you already. :wink:

So the world is my market place and wherever my heart may wish to go and do and explore is fine with me. That’s what got me here* and that’s enough for me. Love, not the false egotistical love, but the true love, will always have plenty to send to itself from what I’ve seen and whether I’m around or my money is totally inconsequential to the power and effectiveness of ‘it’.
It seems that those with this love, to do the thing for itself, always believe there is enough to go around, to increase, to find a ‘treat’ outside of your own reasoning and country and loyalties. Those who lack this love always say there is not enough and what little there is, is worth fighting over. It’s an individual choice where you should just be who you are in that moment. LOL. ;D

Desire is desire and can never provide true happiness or joy… sure you get the temporary pleasure but that is pain itself, pain always seeks pleasure, but desire just creates more desire not the way out of desire. You can never separate pain and desire and that is the problem. We want pleasure and desire only, but there is pain involved with achieving what is desired, maintaining it, and then of course, loosing it. Many try to make desire noble and painless by steering their desires towards the small group of people they have so-called ‘love’ for which they think will get them out of desires trap. But dividing yourself from the whole and making your ‘love’ smaller is not love at all, but a petty small creation of the mind. It is the seeking of gaining a reward through spending money, which is egotism, not love. Egotism says it’s all about ‘you’ and without ‘you’ something else can’t survive or exist. Love says it’s all about IT and wherever it is, it is whole and never lacking. Again, just a choice, like the late Bill Hicks so brilliantly says… “There’s always a choice between fear and love. That’s all. Just a choice.”

*“It’s impossible said pride. It’s risky said experience. It’s pointless said reason. Give it a try whispered the heart.” -Anonymous

2 Likes

It’s pretty simple. There is nothing else on the market that performs as well as magic yoyos for the price.

For toughness, the N8 must be made of steel. For “soul,” I think you have to supply that yourself.

I received my N12 yesterday and had to order a N9 today at lunch. :slight_smile: I started yoyoing 3 months ago because of a yomega maverick i saw at a hobby shop. I bought a Gfunk with some birthday money a few weeks ago and figured that would be the last for a while until i found this thread. Thank you MYY for my quality yoyo and Sky high also for all your knowledge. I plan on getting one more myy if I like the N9, any suggestions?

Let’s ignore the fact that One Drop makes CLYW since we’re ignoring the fact MYY can bring shop sellers nice profits (we’re talking 100% mark up)

How does MYY take more business than CLYW? If I were to buy a CLYW, I could be effectively depleted, thus disabling me from buying more yoyo’s/accessories. If I were to buy a MYY, I could have enough cash to get something else also, or quite a few things. Like, I could get a Cliff… or I could get a MYY, a Code 2, lube, response and a bundle of string… and that’s assuming the MYY is marked up to $25+.

This “taking business” argument is kind of backwards. It would only work if we were to assume everybody is content with just one yoyo. When, most of us, are addicted to buying yoyo’s. These yoyo’s just enable me to play wrecklessly, at no cost to performance, while still buying, playing, and collecting various #highend #expensive yoyo’s.

Just something I was thinking of in the shower.

Also, nothing against CLYW, I just used them because they are a High End company. I’m actually impressed by their business, can’t hate on um

I agree it is just the work-pay in china. I really think it is that reason still.

Hey guys, I just went to order 5x N12’s for the give-away…

it seems my ebay vendor decided to mark the prices up to $34.99… from $14.75. A week or two ago they were $14.25… Wasn’t expecting it to jump $20.00 after a recent $0.50 mark-up… So yeah…

I e-mailed them asking if they’d sell me 5 of them for $75. Hopefully they accept… If not it’s going to be T5’s. Really wanted to do N12’s ever since I received mine… 10 ball KK, beadblast, 6061, bigger, perfect shape… sigh… So upset right now.

So I guess cheapest N12 is $20 now guys. :confused:

edit: I asked the $20 guys if they’d sell 5 of them for $75 also. I guess if neither of them accept I’ll give-away 6x T5’s.

I completely disagree.

You believe that inanimate objects posses a soul?

Soul is, IMHO, the most ridiculously subjective term ever to be associated with yoyos.

What defines “soul”? Is it a style of yoyoing? A way that a yoyo plays? Personality? A quirk? Uniqueness?

There are infinite definitions for this word. You cannot pin a singular meaning on the word “soul”.

Each yoyo has a soul within.

Its important to remember that everything in life no matter how small has a spirit that resides within. A yoyo is something who’s spirit is the source of our ability to create and release the spirit residing in ourselves. The two together create a magical bond.

No matter if the yoyo is a small run of CLYW, or a mass produced chinese brand, each piece has a spirit, and soul that resides within.

Awroof

Haru.

1 Like

Well the T6 is so similar to the BOSS that its suspicious. Plus the fact that magic yo uses stacks and concave (their version of kk) in their yoyos.

But honestly, i could care less, im not the one being sued, and magic yoyos have the BIGGEST bang for their buck, without a doubt. And only some of their throws have a terrible ano.

This soul within the yoyo stuff is making me all one-eyebrow-cocky.

I guess you can say that a yoyo has soul by the way it connects with your soul… hard to explain.

I know when you bring up the word soul, instantly the Analytics are going to come out and say it doesn’t have soul.

That’s fine.

To me, you don’t have a soul.

(jk)

All this talk about souls. Reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Bart traded his soul to millhouse. But what does that have anything to do with the subject ?

Guys!!

I got an e-mail back!!

They said they increased the price to $34.99 cuz they sold out!! They said they’d lower the price back in a couple hours!

Yay!!

Cheap N12’s again!

YES!!!

Shoes do. They have soles.
I think that yoyos have a personality, but not anything like a soul.