Looping help

well, i’m not sure that mine sleeps when i’m in full flow, i just don’t give it time.
I’m exactly the same as twitch, if i go for a sleep at the end of the string i lose control. So i don’t think sleeper is the key. As soon as its at the end of the string i tug back.

Yeah, this is what I meant. I have to be gentle (cushion) with throwing it to get it to sleep.

Hmmmmm
Just tried very hard to concentrate on whats happening when i’m looping, and i guess i was wrong i am in fact going into sleeper but depending on my throw, it varies on for how long. I’m now using a 720 and its a blink and its returned, going back to my 360 its alot slower and i can almost make a cup of tea before it returns.
I think its a case of practice, and as you’ve already said work through it.

One thing that i have noticed is the throw makes a BIG difference. my 360 is totally different from my 720, and my 720 changes when i put different spaces in.

2 Likes

Today on 2A Tuesdays I shared a YYF video that explains a lot of looping dynamics when you look at set ups.

2 Likes

Just read that post. Exactly, totally agree.
At the minute i’m just using red spaces on my 720. But i have tried green and blue and combos of each. My first 720 came with red spaces and i couldn’t do anything, changed the spaces to 1 green 1blue and i was away. Eventually went back to both red, which i now prefer.
The 2020 looks nice but i think for me theres just too much choice to modify. My opinion may change in time (it usually does). I also agree with string length, shorter string is easier, but i sure do wish i could do loops with long string, i’m just not that good yet. Any tips ?

2 Likes

Have to just state the obvious, practice followed by some more practice, long string loops need speed and power. I enjoy the process of the grind of 2A.

2 Likes