Looking to start a Maryland yoyo club.

I was thinking lunch and throwing. I don’t have much of a time limit…but I’m sure you guys do. How long do you get for lunch?

I work from home on Tuesdays, I should be fine with whatever.

Awesome. Now where to go?

I’m still not to familiar with anything past Sterling Blvd.

I have heard of Algonkian Park and there are plenty of strip malls, as well as the mall off of 28. Dulles Town center?

Algonkian Park is just right up Cascades I think? That might be a nice place although I’ve never been there.

I havent either. That or Dulles would seem like a good place to meet…and Dulles has places to eat right there.

Whatever you guys think is best.

how about wegmans? right off Waxpool drive… its like one exit down the rd from sterling …

I’m familiar with wegman’s. Good place to grab some lunch…I always get their sushi. Were would we throw though? The parking lot is always full.

Yeah, I was curious about that myself. I like the Algonkian Regional Park idea, took a look at the website and it looks like there’s no parking fees or anything there. For food there we have the chipotle by the movie theater or one of the food places at that marketplace area where Famous Dave’s, Baja Fresh, etc are.

are we gonna have another meet?

Just saw this thread. I am in Baltimore. Have a car, and willing to go to VA, DC or anywhere in MD mostly. Fredrick is pretty much the furthest west any of us here would go anyway.

va contest will be in richmond … its in jan 7th … i think

I’m headed to DC tomorrow morning / afternoon. Anyone interested PM me and I’ll give you my number.

Take the metro for best results. I’m coming from Silver Spring.

Here’s the deal my (over protective) parents aren’t letting me meet up with anyone not my age, so anyone older than like 18 I can not meet with. Anyone younger though, feel free to contact me if you are around Frederick and I could probably meet you somewhere.

That brings up a good point. I’d prefer not to meet up with anyone not close to my age. 24. Pretty much 18+

At least this time.

For future meets when there is a more diverse age range everyones welcome. I’d just rather not be hanging out with some random youngster and his/her parents. Talk about weird.

Yeah I’m 17 my self. A more diverse age group seems good.

You’re 17 and your parents are still that strict on you? Ah man.

Ok. Didn’t want to make that sound like a bad thing. Parents have their own reasons for doing so and I completely understand.

Yeah dude…I know.

Yeah, Im 12 and have another 12 year old friend. Even though at the last meet everyone was awesome, it was really awkward at first. I like the idea of a diverse group, but we need to get more people.

It was only awkward because you two were so much better than us! Your dad still deserves a lot of respect for being as patient as he was.

lol, he was sleeping. Im not kidding. Are all you guys going to the va states?