Looking for a good, cheap unscrewable wooden yoyo. Any suggestions?

I think you will be amazed at how much easier all those tricks are using a wing shaped yoyo. However, that yoyo is making your play precise!

This is likely a stupid question…

But all of the OUT yoyos are tug return, right? Not bind return?

I say this because in one of the product descriptions it says it has a walnut axle for the perfect bind…

Don’t worry, they’re all tug return. It binds when you tug it. ;D

Yeah, all tug responsive. We just wrote that out of habit and… lack of a better word? I guess “Walnut axle for the perfect amount of responsiveness” doesn’t have the same ring to it haha.

Well I suppose ‘bind’ is really just a technical term for the yoyo responding, so it’s accurate!

It’s probably just mugs like me that get confused by these things. ;D

Does the OUT Free Spirit really weigh 63g? On the store it says 75g…

Cherry is a lighter wood than most others that are used for yoyos. 75g is probably from another wood they had in stock. Plus the actual weight varies anyway.

Thanks, Brian, but I really want to know because 63g is a far cry from 75g. That difference in weight is GYNORMULOUS.

Can any YYE admin staff shed light on what it’s approx weight is?

If not, I’ll fill out a contact form about it.

Just weighed 4 of the cherry versions to get an idea of the variation - 62g, 64.5g, 65.6g, 63.8g

The 75g weight listed must have been from a heavier wood version.

EDIT: The Cherry W/ Red/Black inlay that we have is an older model. Its slightly larger and weighs in at 85g.

1 Like