Good fixed axle starter yoyos?

hey i was wondering if i should get in to fixed axle yoyoing. it looked fun and i wanted to give it a go.
is there any good fixed axle yoyo for cheap?
are some better for beginners than others?
ive seen the boho and the legend wing, and liked those. are those any good?
just wondering what would be best for beginners and for a reasonable price

1 Like

Legend wing and boho are great and cheap go for it.

2 Likes

Those are good Starter yoyos for “Wood” Fixies.

Cant beat a $3.00 Duncan Butterfly either.

Have fun.

4 Likes

I’ll also note a good old fixed axle Duncan butterfly. Metal axle fixie. The rainforest site has purple exclusive and the bullseye store has pink.

Also a proyo is neat it’s a looper plastic with a wood sleve

I can’t think of other cheap fixed axle yo-yos at the moment but there are a handful of options

You can also glue a spare bearing and make it a fixed blank for any yoyo or buy bearing blanks from luftverk or ZGRT depending on size you need. There are also a few folks that make wood blanks

Ohh shoot Tom Kuhn also has a cheap fixed axle the woody is iconic wooden looper.

3 Likes

I got the Yomega Alpha Wing recently, I’d recommend it at as a very inexpensive plastic fixed axle yoyo.

2 Likes

I do actually have a cheap model make called the Skinflint. They are $45 shipped to the US. It’s actually pretty decent. But being in the US, you could source a good fixie locally very easily.

Edit: also, I’m so far behind with orders that I can’t really make you one anyway. I shouldn’t have metioned it.:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Thank you guys for all the help!