Longest Fingerspin Challenge: Cash Prizes $$$

I’m hungry now.

meeeeee, but I am mediocre at landing the the indent

Wow, my second attempt has been my best so far. I seriously need to kick up my game.

Ultralights are legal right? I’ve been failing on a Benchmark V for the past 3 hours.

How do you guys throw before you hop onto a fingerspin.
I never got that down. I was could just place my prestige on my finger but never knew how to hop.
Is it like a horizontal breakaway?

They are legal.

I’m can’t beat my record.

1 Like

Thats what i do. Or a sideways frontstyle throw.

What’s the difference?

The yoyo spins in a different direction

With a horizontal break away, it’s harder to bind, IMO.
I would practice with a front style throw.

Fortunately, binding has no play in this contest whatsoever, so do whichever way goes longer for you.

To my understanding, he was asking in general :stuck_out_tongue:
Plus I feel kinda Wierd finger spinning with a break away xD

I know what you mean. But I guess that’s because we’re used to front throws.

I doubt you can tell once it’s on your finger. I’ll bet the only reason it feels weird is that you saw yourself throw it that way(not because it’s spinning in the opposite direction).

You guys have only just made me realise that all this time I’ve been spinning with a breakaway but trying to bind as if it were a front style. No wonder I’ve been getting such sloppy binds… facepalms

For me, with break aways, my yoyo tilts and I end up in a regular trapeze after a while:P

When I first started yoyoing, I could only bind about half the time .
I later noticed I was binding the opposite way for breakaways, and vice versa
Fella good when you actually bind it right for once, dosent it xD

Wait, why would throwing breakaway style vs frontstyle result in the yo-yo spinning a different direction? I’m right handed, so throw my breakaway away from my right shoulder and the yo-yo is spinning clockwise. If I throw frontstyle, it’s the same throw but with my body turned 90 degrees…

Think about it. The yoyo is just spinning the opposite direction.

From a break away, the yoyo will be spinning counter clock wise
Fom a frontstyle, it will be clockwise

I really need to wait until I see the videos of you guys throwing finger spins :slight_smile: