Well lads and ladettes, it’s been a little while since we’ve had a contest on here, so I figured we might as well have another one. After all, it’s good fun and everyone loves a good contest. ;D
The Longest Fingerspin Challenge:
As the name implies, the contest is to see who can do a lateral finger spin for the longest.
- 1A yoyos only (No 4A)
- You must show both cups of the yoyo to the camera prior to throwing.
- A bind is NOT required. Just spin it till it falls off.
- Hubstacks/zstacks are not permitted.
- No matador play. Traditional grind-style fingerspins only.
- Gloves are not permitted.
- The yoyo must be hopped up into the initial fingerspin, no gentle finger placement.
- The yoyo must stay on the same finger the whole time. No hopping after the fingerspin starts.
- You must have been a member of the YYE forum prior to the date of this post.*
- Only one entry video per member.
(*to clarify rule 9: I want the prizes to go to members of this beloved community, not someone who just signs up with the only intent to enter the contest, never to be seen again afterwards.)
I reserve the right to disregard any entry should I feel there is valid reason for doing so.
The reason I say “one video per member” is to stop people spamming my inbox with tonnes of videos after breaking their previous record. There is no pressure to get a video up ASAP, so take all the time you need until the deadline to film, and then pick out the best one.
Simply film your video, upload it to Youtube and then PM me the link. If we post the videos in this thread it’ll take away the suspense and surprise of the winner, as well as discourage others from entering, so please don’t mention how long your spin is, or post your videos in this thread. Thank you!
I’m doing these in cash form rather than YYE voucher as some of the older entrants might just want to treat the wife to a steak dinner instead of buying a new yoyo. However, if you do wish for your prize to be given to you in the form of a YYE voucher, then this can be arranged.
A Paypal account is required in order to receive your prize money.
1st - $100.00
2nd - $50.00
3rd - $25.00
Random Prize Draw - $25.00
Not bad for a little video filming eh? Even if you don’t win you still have a chance of winning $25 just for entering, so why not just give it a go?
So that’s all she wrote guys. Grab your yoyos and start spinning!
DEADLINE: Saturday 13th September@12:00GMT [07:00am YYE Forum Time]