Light Yoyos Vs Heavy Yoyos

No I haven’t, but I’m curious how something that small plays.

3 Likes

If I’m having a long session, I like to use a light yoyo (62 g or less). This makes a big difference in how achy my fingers get. If I’m throwing outside and it’s a bit windy, I use a 67 - 68 g yoyo with a medium or smaller diameter, which doesn’t get blown around quite as much as a lighter, larger diameter throw.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie. I love my YYF BettyNova, but at 68 grams, my finger gets ridiculously sore the next day after a long session with it. On the string, though, it doesn’t feel very heavy, is more stable than most of my throws, and spins forever, feeling almost like an inner ring bimetal in play.

4 Likes

I love me a hand thumper. 2Sick Grandmaster is a lead weight, and I love everything about it. Also a fan of the Mega Crash. Just a ridiculous excessive object that I can not get enough of.

3 Likes

yeah, all about weight distribution!

3 Likes

The BiND is heavy on the scale but plays light, while the grasshopper gtx is mid weight and plays like its heavier

2 Likes

As noted above it depends on design features other than weight and size. Weight distribution is a big factor. I love my HSPIN G&E4 (66 g), AntiYo Fluchs (70 g), Dif-e-yo GTO (70 g) but never liked the HSPIN Pyro (72 g)

With fixed axle wood yoyos I would have to say the BC/TK laminated yoyos always felt too heavy to me and I prefer the solid maple versions of the same models.

2 Likes

I prefer lighter yo-yos over heavier ones because I love speed play. Light yo-yos are generally more nimble on the string and move much faster which is my kind of yoyo.

5 Likes