Let's break the Shoot the Moon record together

I can get one before everything goes haywire.

3 Likes

I Can do one solid one, ocassionally two, I have yet to hit three though

1 Like

Wanted to add the challenges of low ceilings to the thread. There should be a new building code that future houses and structures be built at Shoot the Moon height. So far I have replaced two light fixtures and damaged numerous Yo-yos. Looking forward to warmer weather and throwing outside.

https://youtube.com/shorts/xF5uXv3hpkY

12 Likes

Two handed moons are so beautiful to watch, well done

3 Likes

Thanks! It is one of my favorite tricks that I don’t think can ever be truly perfected. There is always an opportunity to make it flow better.

5 Likes

Yeah, those and McBride’s roller coaster. My wife gets on me every time I do those.

3 Likes

Adding one more video - glad to see the Shoot the Moon thread on the forum. This was filmed during the pandemic for an online talent show and I was looking for ways to stay occupied (there is a Shoot the Moon trick).

https://youtu.be/U6zbgNOLm3I?t=29

11 Likes

Shu-Ta-Moon!

979 Likes, 15 Comments - SHU TAKADA  高田柊 (@shutakada_yoyo) on Instagram: "Can you guess? How long was the string?
Spidey time🕸🕸🕸

長さはどのくらいでしょうか?

#spiderman #yoyo #circus #japan #germany #juggling #power #trick"

10 Likes

I try to keep the string tension neutral and find real response throws. I have the best results not pushing the yo-yo very hard, so if the string isn’t neutral, it starts to twist.

Thanks. I had a feeling the answer is always neutral when it comes to string but i thought maybe tighter torsion would keep it going easier… neutral and more practice!

1 Like

People that don’t believe yo-yos were designed as weapons obviously never tried to learn StM.

6 Likes

Has anyone tried doing shoot the moon on an unresponsive yoyo?

I know it’s possible as I have seen some professional yoyo players doing it, but I have no idea how I would even go about trying to do that.

1 Like

I’m trying to picture this. I keep seeing some version of Eli hops

1 Like

It’s the exact same as the responsive version, just that you bind the yoyo before entering shoot the moon and then somehow tug the yoyo back before it extends fully to get it to come back to your hand.

This video is NOT what I’m talking about:

2 Likes

i like these fancy eli hops.

1 Like

I think I just set a new personal record, it didn’t occur to me to start counting until I realized I was in a bit of a groove with this. It’s starting to break in and get smoother, it was a little grabby out of the package.

6 Likes

Taking a break from trying to break the record and settling for a Quick Shoot the Moon stall variation

https://youtube.com/shorts/m9CWywJk8sI

8 Likes

Decided to shoot some moons on film today specifically to bump this post and ended up hitting a personal record! Up from 30 to 45 now!

9 Likes

Knowing how hard it is, and rewarding, when I pull off 20, I am super impressed with your video. I’m fat and out of shape, so my arm burns when I watch it too, lol

1 Like

dude my arm burns while doing it fro a long time, i may not be fat but i’m not in great shape LOL

2 Likes