Let's break the Shoot the Moon record together

2 Likes

I donā€™t really play responsive very much. I have an Oracle and a sage. Which would be better for learning shoot the moon?

The Oracle is the more imperial shaped one yes? If so thats the one that would likely be better.

I landed my first StM yesterday. Struggling a bit with the timing, but Iā€™ll get it down. So far I like my Delrin Gamer better than my RBC for this, but maybe thatā€™s just because it saves my beginner knuckles some wear and tear.

I havenā€™t ventured outside of 1A for the past 10 years or so. Itā€™s refreshing to try something new.

1 Like

Yes the Oracle is more of a 2a shape. I am going to have to see what all this is about

The other day I broke my personal record!

25 Shoot the Moons!!

11 Likes

Congrats. I was working on mine last week and broke my personal face. :face_with_head_bandage:

4 Likes

Ice Bath Moon Shoot by the GOAT

6 Likes

Just saw this. Been working the moon for a few days just got to 5. Hoping to get into double digits by the end of the year.

Using my trusty duncan :wink:

10 Likes

Nice! You got this. I got a deep state on the way and Iā€™m gonna pack the bearing with grease. Iā€™m at about 14 now.

5 Likes

I was all the way up to .5 last time I tried.

2 Likes

Hands down, my favorite yo-yo to do this on is the old school Henryā€™s Viper - thereā€™s something about doing it on a super bouncy/rubbery v-shaped yo-yo thatā€™s both thrilling and easy, haha!

3 Likes

Adjustable gap was perfect for this!

Some indoor, seated STM practice during the rain at work yesterday.

Lets see some moons shot people =]

12 Likes

Been working STMā€¦ Iā€™ve even improved my left a bunchā€¦ nothing 2 at a time yet (thatā€™s some scary stuff to practice! )

Question whats the string torsion you guys STM with? Do you keep it tight or neutral?

2 Likes

Had some fun trying a few years backā€¦

5 Likes

That under arm moon is nice

2 Likes

Well i didnā€™t get to my goalā€¦ these STMs are hardā€¦ but i can STM 2x consistently on my left and i can hit 9 with my right.
Anyone else still working on theseā€‹:wink::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Iā€™m still working on right-handed STM. I can hit 5? Itā€™s still fun either way

2 Likes

i work on STM every day lol, been a littl ewhile since ive hit a personal best though. one of my favorite tricks, still can only do my dominant hand (havent even tried lefty lol)

2 Likes