Praise for RBC and Weekender and thoughts on the future

@da5id @MarkD @Glenacius_K @DocPop

You guys are responsible for what I consider the best two responsive metal yoyos that have ever been made since the existence of man.

I don’t know if you guys have plans on pursuing more of these, trying different mediums for the same design like wood, plastic or titanium. While I know it would be awesome, I am very grateful for what we have.

I just want to say thank you and open up others to maybe share the love.

22 Likes

There’s another thing coming from Mark and I.

19 Likes

@kretzschmar , Are you referring to RBC and The Weekender?

2 Likes

Metal Harbinger!

7 Likes

Yeah, those are the two I am praising as what are my favorite two metal responsives ever made.

The Respawn and OG Moonshine are extremely up there as well. So a big shout-out there as well, and a shout out to the many others metal responsives from the other designers and companies out there for your hard work too.

4 Likes

i have not tried the weekender but the rbc is sweet.

3 Likes

these 2 yoyos are easily the standard bearers for current era aluminum 0a yoyos in my opinion. before these yoyos came out, i’d say the Tom Kuhn Tomcat and the custom products Axle Elite are the aluminum OGs of 0a.

5 Likes

Thanks! Production has just started on a new yo-yo called the PLTPS (platypus). This is an aluminum body with machined plastic rims. It’s designed for responsive counterweight play and even comes with a matching counterweight. Here it is in action.

I’m also working with Toybania on doing a Doc Pop signature version of the Stoopid, a great aluminum yo-yo for modern responsive play.

20 Likes

Yes! I’ve recently fall in love with Respawn. I don’t own RBC and that’s a crime. :smiley:

I have a minty Saturday Market Weekender that I’m scared to take out of the house! Its one of this that I just doesn’t want to ding up. I don’t have many that I treat this way. It’s such a joy to play.

How do you feel about Deep State? I like it but Respawn has recently grabbed more attention.

5 Likes

I guess I didn’t realize Tomcat was responsive. Time to get one of those as well! :). I have SB1, SB2 and the TiSB. Love me some TK metal. No wood which is also a crime.

1 Like

Its really just a winged sb2, same guts, adjustable gap, and friction stickers.

2 Likes

The praise for those two yoyos is well deserved. The praise for the Respawn is also well deserved. Sadly haven’t played a moonshine

2 Likes

do the turbo discs just sit on top of the aluminum, or is there a little response bump added? Hard to tell from the profile shots on tom’s website

I don’t have every model but what I do have that has a turbo disk it just sits on the aluminum there is no response recess.

1 Like

They sit on the aluminum just like the SB2 does.

2 Likes

I would add the Day Tripper to this list as well.

3 Likes

no response bump, no recessed response area. Pretty sure those were not even a thing around 2002 when it came out…just a flat high wall.

1 Like

Deep State took time to grow on me. The semi responsive isn’t as fun as responsive. It can be fixed with greasing the bearing, and if you grease the bearing just right, it’s a winner, in my opinion.

3 Likes

I disnt realize there was a TiSB. Pic?

1 Like

I love the deepstate after modding it a bit to take a slim c bearing. It really plays the way I want a responsive to play. I’ll also note the toybania thing is really great too

3 Likes