Thought I share this here also

6 Likes

Oh heck yeah! This is beautiful :star_struck:

2 Likes

Is this white filament dyed?

1 Like

Yes it is

3 Likes

Colors are good but not my favorite so v2 has emerald and navy. Much more up my alley. also has smaller diameter and plays better than the first mostly because its lighter imo. Still got to draw up a design to make the support area not visable.

5 Likes

Progress pic on my looper display.

8 Likes

That looks sweet! You should make some half hexagons for the top and bottom that can be for extra strings or lube or something.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea. The model is from thingiverse but that sounds like an easy edit.

Can’t make Red Team Pixies without also making Blue Team.

7 Likes

I got some new rainbow filament. I wish the color change was a bit more dramatic on these small pieces.

If you’re going to Nats I’m printing a bunch of these Boomer Weights to hand out.

5 Likes

This weight is inspired by the No City BAD. I think it came out pretty well. It might be a bit small :flushed:. 11g, which might be a tiny bit too heavy for me as well :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Reminds me of that ribbon candy, really like the look. And it appears large in the photo. :thinking:

1 Like

This is almost the new Pixie. Like a version 1.8. I made a few updates:

1. The response holes are closer to the axle (but otherwise unchanged. Same size).
  2. The rim has been rounded over and should be less sharp.
  3. The text is debossed instead of embossed.
  4. Color change is now “sandwiched” to color the bottom of debossed letters instead of the top of embossed letters.

I say it’s almost final because I’m still adjusting where and how many color changes layers are there, but otherwise the CAD I think is where it is for an updated revision.

5 Likes

Been printing wood it’s kind of neat

3 Likes

Pardon if this has been mentioned - a certain site based in Shibuya has listed an upcoming C-bearing guts system for 3D printed yo-yos made by YOYOMAKER.

3 Likes

These prints are WAY better than anything I achieved with wood filament. What brand are you using?

1 Like

Bumat elite. It clogs a bunch unless you bump up to a .8 nozzle and it has no directions on how to print but I found start at 190 then drop to 180 to reduce stringing helped also got to go slow with this stuff trying to go quick results in lots of stringing. I also have to use a brim for adhesion. It’s been more of a pain than petg and I thought that stuff was annoying.

1 Like

Multitude of colors for these next few. The burgandy on the end is the latest and greatest. Very happy with how it turned out.

6 Likes

Neat. I haven’t got into adding weights to prints