Let’s talk 3D printing

My kids are a little older than yours and had the same thought. “We can 3d print things and set up a store.” :joy:

3 Likes

Mini Brute with Cabal guts. It takes a half spec C or a full sized C. I’m noticing that for responsive play I would want less tolerances around the spacer, as it’s occasionally spinning at a different rate than the half, making the response less snappy. 54g. Will need to print another some time.

3 Likes

I also iterated on my Boomer Weight design.

7 Likes

Are there any issues doing a color change across finishes? I have white matte but I ran out of matte blue, but I have silky blue.

1 Like

What are the “go-to” filament printers these days? I’m looking to get away from the hassle and mess of resin.

1 Like

Old reliable ender 3 if you’re willing to deal with some tinkering. The v3 is actually not too bad.

Bamboo labs is like the apple of 3d printing. They just work but they are also proprietary and hard to work on so if something does go wrong it’s a pain. I think the A1 mini is the champion of the hobby market right now

Prusa is your workhorse. Many print farms are filled with prusa but the reliability comes at a premium

Prusa is OUT OF THE QUESTION! Ha!

Ender 3 looks like it’s gonna be my jam!

2 Likes

My printer is a ender 3 v2 neo and it usually goes on sale at micro center at like $90 around the holidays

I did eventually upgrade to dual z axis. Flashed the firmware and upgraded the extruder and plate so I’ve dumped an extra 50 ish plus time into upgrading it and eventually need to upgrade the hotend if I want to print a bit hotter and do abs abs tpu (I’ll also need to move my extruder so it’s direct drive for tpu)

However for pla ender3 v2 is solid.

2 Likes

Test print works. We’ll what kind of crazy vibe it has.

3 Likes

Should be fine.

1 Like

What is it?

Get an A1 or mini with an AMS light. Can’t recommend enough. I would suggest you upgrade the build plate to a smooth one from Wham Bam, but it’s not absolutely necessary.

I’ve had 4 different Ender 3 variants and I’d never buy another now. Since you have experience with printers already I would highly recommend going with a Bambu.

What is it?

Its going to be a yoyo be we’ll see if it works.

2 Likes

This is how I rim weight my yoyos. You can see it on the inside of my “Two” yoyo. Nicely done!

4 Likes

Yeah I really didn’t want to pause the print mid way through because I’m lazy so this is my solution.
Also went for a more standard width. Still working on getting the diameter down with a weight that I am happy with.

3 Likes

Works pretty good imo. The holes are so you can remove the ball bearings if need be. Five of the balls hold the rings in place while the other five are in the rims independently.

6 Likes

Love the colors!

Fresh prints and post-processings today. Ball and cup, Pixie, and Brute. I’ve decided to stop embossing text on the Brute as I don’t like any of the placements I’ve tried.

4 Likes

The next batch are ironed and the top filled in.

4 Likes