Leaving?? Not appreciated.....

You just wanted to hear people say you are wanted and should stay. Honestly you criticize mullicabob over and over, and say that YoyoSPins mods are bad, when the only one of yours that I saw was less than bad. I have also seen you “help” people and give them the wrong information by either just guessing how to do something to get another posts, or just wanting to sound like you know. 2000 posts at over 8 per a day is crazy, maybe 1 or 2 in two days contributes to anything. Most say “yeah” or else they are “Thats a weird mod” on YoYoSpins mods (Which are actually beautiful)

Well, if this is an April fools joke, perfect time for the OP to chime in and let us know.  If so, through the process, he has a clear picture of what other members think of him.  :smiley:

I’ll add more because I’m bored.  I’m one of the old people here,  ::slight_smile: have seen and heard some things in life.  If you are getting a lot of negative vibes, you may have been sending off some negative vibes without realizing it.  I have no problem when people speak their mind, and I actually prefer it.  But, if you dish it out, you have to be strong enough to take it, and not leave the forum.

I read your recent posts and, most of them are encouraging and your attempt to help people.  But, then there are others that could use work.  No one is perfect here, but it might help explain some of the feedback if you re-read them:

I don’t think this is a prank. The guy seems genuinely upset about the childish comments he’s been receiving.

This is actually quite insightful. The phrasing of a statement can often require some thought so as not to open the thread up to criticism and the ultimate derailment of the REAL topic. Such as, using “people” vs. “guys” because someone will interpret the word “guys” as sexism (when it’s not). Simply placing the words “I think” in front of the statement “YYF is the best!” can defuse a lot of needless arguing. Being able to phrase your statements in an unassuming, friendly manner takes time and practice. But, luckily, most people seem to come around eventually.

So true. As has been the issue for me at times. I’ve had people get angry and my comments when I had nothing but good intentions. The internet is a tricky place, and people read comments the way they want to.

1 Like

In all fairness, the “TROLL HARD” comments were a running joke for that particular thread. I participated, too. :wink:

1 Like

The first sentence was unnecessary, Dingo. That’s your personal feeling about his motives and has no basis in fact. The rest of your post, however, is better. It’s important to give accurate advice, but the guy is, at least, trying to help. Instead of knocking him down, how about helping him gain more knowledge and insight so he’s not misleading people? Don’t we ALL want to help people? Even those with varying opinions from our own?

Your not going anywhere … just do what you do…

That being said… communicating via text is extremely difficult to do effectively. Being able to do this effectively only comes from expierence. It is hard to take any constructive criticism when you don’t understand or see the need for improvment.

I have read some of your post and thought… “why did he post that or did he really have to say that or what does that have to do with the topic” but at the same time i remember your age and percieved expierence using a forum. and it’s not a big deal. I just think it’s a maturity thing… i get it… anybody that has kids will get it.

Heck if you want help with this … I’ll go thru some of your recent post and give some advice to help you improve your online communication as well as some better way’s to handle some of the misc. things you do. Just PM me…

Edit: Alway’s ask “Is this a QUALITY post?” …

[quote=“MikeEff,post:25,topic:51612”]
Wait, of course we all want to help. But I found myself starting a post trying to help someone and ending deleting all the text because I read before submit and find it not helpful or I can’t express what I want (mainly because of the language barrier).

So, less quantity and more quality. That’s your target! 8)

I will edit those examples out. Those posts were read out of context, and in fairness, as you pointed out, do not apply. Also, I only read the most recent 10 pages of his posts. I figure anything else prior is the past. I find his comments mostly encouraging and attempts to help.

1 Like

Not trying to hurt your feelings but this thread seems like it was built to get attention.

Well, while I’m tired of the “I’m leaving the forum” posts, this one is a tad bit different. He seems to really not understand some of the negative feedback he has been getting about his posts. I think it really made him feel unwanted here. Posting is not a bad way for him to gain some candid insight on this. There is plenty positive about his contributiions too, and he should know that if nothing else, we pay attention.

What do calanders have to do with anything?

I presume he was noting suspicion of an April Fools joke. It is April Fools day and all. Misspelling or typo in there. Calendar?? I knew what he meant based on the context.

No joke, I have just been thinking about it recently and today I decided to state it.

I’m saying, since I have gotten messages and post that I’m annoying or trying to boast because of my post. Which in my mind makes me think I’m annoying everyone who does this. So if I leave for a while I won’t annoy anyone.

I do feel I’m posting helpful comments and everyone wants me to stay, but I feel I should take a break because the comments are getting worse and I am getting more annoying to people.

I bet I annoy people too, but at my age, I stopped caring. :smiley: Maybe people should notify a moderator to handle these complaints if necessary, and not contact you directly anymore. Does that seem okay, and convince you to stick around?

This. Think before you post, check your facts. No one wants you gone, we just want accurate posts.

I’m sure you’re trying to be helpful, just make sure you get everything correct when you post.

You seem like a nice person, just a little confused or misinformed sometimes. Heck, we all have our moments.

I honestly didnt see what the problem was. You’re a pretty cool dude.

I have no qualms with your activity. I do, however, dislike your signature because I can’t tell if you’re a big fan of big guns who worries about governmental reach or if you’re a pro-big government liberal who thinks that the only people who should be able to own huge guns are people with very specific training for very specific purposes. I stand by one of these view points and against the other.

THIS ^^^
I have done this very thing with members who’ve sent me unsolicited, unwanted PMs. I save their messages, ask them not to respond or I will report them and have their account deleted. I’m not sure if I have that kind of power, but it has always worked. And you’re not old, TA!! You’re just chronologically advanced!! :smiley: Like me!

I’m going to draw an analogy. When you are old like me and Mikeeff :wink: you start to like analogies. I think you are suffering from overexposure. I post a quite often, in my opinion, but you post far more than I do even, for someone who joined just a short time ago. Have you ever heard that song on the radio, that is on heavy rotation, and you kind of like the song, think it’s catchy, but start to dislike it when you have to keep hearing it? It’s called overexposure. There are certain people out there who will hear the song constantly, continue to listen to it, but also develop a negative opinion of it as a result. Based on the complaints about post quantity vs. quality, you may have overexposed yourself on the forum. I don’t care about that, but some people do I guess.

The complaints about you playing moderator were made too. But if someone complains about you playing moderator, and says that directly to you, they have just played moderator too, and done the very thing they accuse you of. Anyone with a member complaint should contact a mod and have them address it, if necessary. See? None of us are perfect, you are not, and we are not. Again, just consider things, but you don’t have to care. The forum is for us to learn and have fun…kill some time. :wink:

see taken out of context… and… so true… ignore then and carry on.

only feedback you really need to worry about is if a moderator PM’s …