Kevlar strings & dark magic 2 problems

ok so i got my kevlar strings in and i think ther great the only problem im having is that they twist up really easy! now my dark magic 2 throw is great but the problem im having is that iput the wide bearing on it for un responsive play but every time i pull up on it it comes back and it just started doing it cause last night it wasnt doing (i just got it yesterday) pls help

pls send me a msg with info on my problem

have you tried cleaning the bearing?

I’m just going to say that it wasn’t the strings. I have a few and they work great.

Try cleaning your bearing and everything, just figure out why it’s responsive. If it’s only the bearing, cleaning it might work fine.

If you just got it then the bearing is probably just in its breaking in faze. Just play through it and it should go back to being unresponsive once it breaks in all the way and like the others said you could try cleaning it and see if it helps.

Keep playing with it, it will calm down eventually.

ok i tried oiling it and thats what maid it responsive cause it was right after i oiled it that it started acting up. that and my kevlar string is already starting to break at the finger not

What did you use to oil it and how much oil did you use?

It’s better to UNDER lubricate. It’s easier to add a TINY bit more than have too much in and have to clean it all out and start over.

Just clean out your bearing using mineral spirits. There are YouTube videos that cover this topic. Then, either run it dry or just a tiny bit of lubrication. I suggest One Drop’s VM4 or YoYoJam thin. Like, half a drop is all you’ll need and even that will be a lot.

1 Like

can i use rubbing alcohol to clean it

yea probably

Just don’t leave it in over might and blow it out with canned air. Alcohol doesn’t do a great job but it should work hood enough.

1 Like

Mine is a little responsive too. I have been play straight out of the box with it. I am going to clean it and the speed bearing on a x-con here in a bit with lighter fluid and then a touch of V4m. Will let you know how it feels after that.

Oh, I only use the 100% poly string like YYE Brand.

Edit to update:

To let you know, that knocked out the tug responsiveness completely on both throws. I have been working on a trick called recycle and one point still wants to grab on my DM2 but I think it is the response pads (stock pads) that grab due to rolling the yoyo on a few strings. You can wear them down a bit by rubbing them on your leg if you have jeans on.

The amount of V4M I touch off to a ball you can barely see on the pin. Then I spin it on the Sharpened end of a pencil for a few minutes before reshielding.

Try that out for your DM2.

1 Like

So you finally joined the dark side?

Acetone works ;D

ok guys ill give it a try also i dont have v4m or yyj thin all i have is clipper oil and i dont have the tools to pop off the shield to clean it

The only tool you need to take off the shields is a regular straight pin. Like the ones used in sewing. Use it to take out the c-clip

ok i got it all takin apart and i soaked it in rubbing alcohol and after in dryed a used just a tiny bit of oil but it still responsive

Maybe this thread would be more fitting if moved over to the Maintenance section.

You are talking about responsive as in tugging the yoyo and it returning to your hand right?

Anyways, do you have another C sized bearing you can throw into the DM2? If so then try that. Maybe you have a bad bearing. If you bought it from here then you might be able to email YYE customer support and let them know. They might (note: might) get you a new bearing out to you.

My bearing is good but I am still going to throw in a 10 ball when they get here. If cleaning and lubing with a thin oil did not work, then possibly you have a bad bearing.

I also do not know if the Clipper oil might be a problem if you used it.

Edit: Just noticed your message… I answered with some tips to try out.

well the dm2 comes with two bearings as u know and i got the fat one in and also i am talking about the response when u tug ur hand up i just got some lighter fluid so im going to try that in stead of alcohol

I think I remembered someone used sewing machine oil in theirs. My clippers do not require oil so I can’t try that out because I don’t have any. If the clipper oil is not the right “weight” then it could keep your bearing responsive. If that is the case, try running the bearing dry… meaning clean but do not lube it.