Just got a PM today... Please view this!

I have followed this forum since its inception and only made an account today to agree wholeheartedly with the person
whose p.m. you shouldn’t have posted. The only other person on here with as much diarrhea of the keyboard is Studio42.

2 Likes

Dude, are you kidding me? It seriously doesn’t get more respectful than that, when you’re giving constructive criticism. The guy also had a valid point as well.

Why don’t you take what he said and try and word “things a LOT differently.” I would like to see.

You sir, are now one of my favorite people on the forums. The lurkers here know more than you think, guys.

Sorry, I need to make a double post:

Side Note - My prediction is that vegabomb or another moderator is going to delete this thread. I’ve been seeing this alot recently. I think the thread should stay, honestly. Deleting things doesn’t solve problems. We can work things out. It’s kinda messed up when our posts all get deleted.

Excuse me * cough * looks at 4,000 post count…

I knew I would eventually have to adress this. Listen, I’ve been a member for 4 YEARS. How long have you been a member? Less than a year. And you have OVER half the amount of posts I do. That’s absolutely comical.

You saying it’s an insult does not mean it’s an insult. The message wasn’t to you. It is only an insult if the person receiving the message feels it is insulting and, for the most part, people only feel insulted by the truth. Then again, everything in life is perceived. There is nothing real.

Hey man, that’s not going to make things better by acting like that. I get that you might feel ganged upon and often times younger people can’t handle overwhelming criticism that you’re receiving. I hate seeing this stuff happen to young people, but if you wanna win everyone over you’re gonna have to listen to what people say and act accordingly, which imo would be to be respectful and stuff

Question for bcmaddog: How old are you? For some reason I have a feeling you’re 12 to 14 years old, based on how you talk and act and react. But, you’re also posting on YYE in the middle of the day when school is usually going on, so maybe you’re 30 and just have super thin skin.

The PM to you was as nice as could be. And the person makes a valid point. Quality over quantity, basically.

1 Like

Im not addressing my age, but I’m homeschooled and I’m in the 12-16 range…

So I finish my school at 9-10 ok the morning :).

Well I’m fifteen and I’m on right now! :smiley:

Back to topic, I actually agree with what the what the PM’er said to you. He could have been a little nicer, but I don’t think he needed to be. He just told what he thought, and that’s what I like! People should speak their minds! Yeah, I know it’s hard to receive constructive criticism… I get it a lot in my life… But, you just have to accept it and try to follow it! It really works! It has helped a ton in my life! :smiley: I know I post a lot… I try to help out, but I’m not sure if I’m the best helper… :stuck_out_tongue: Recently, I’ve been posting a little less than normal, which I’m totally fine with, I like to sit back and enjoy the show! I just hope that you realize that you are a well valued member of our community and that I love reading your posts. Just make sure you think, before you type! What I mean by that is to look back on what you wrote to make sure you give your most thought out response.

2 Likes

This thread follows the “turning a mole hill into a mountain” idea. Someone says they find your posts to be of poor quality, takes the time to contact you personally, and privately(could have flamed you openly), hoping you give it some reflection, you reflect and bring it to the public. I would have advised you to communicate with the individual, decide if what he/she said had merit, and adjust accordingly.

Look at your posts, weigh what was said, decide, take an intentional direction.

4 Likes

I agree with him. You should think about what you’re going to write and what topics you post, because you proved his point by posting this.

This should be a private matter. It was sent to you privately.

When posting on forums, as in replying to an email, sometimes it’s better to sit back and re-read and reflect on what you’re about to post before you hit “post” or “send”.

This is ridiculous. This thread, this…everything, has pretty much made me lose nearly all of my respect for you Bcmaddog. The guy simply stated his opinion, in the hopes that your behavior would improve, and you call him out, publicly. Your little “Has anyone else gotten this?” line is a lame excuse for your effort to publicly shame someone who’s main, if not only, intention is to help you become a more effective member on the forums. I am aware of your young age, and I am fully aware of the behaviors typical of the age group, but you are acting ridiculous. Completely and utterly childish. Immature. The truth is, your posts are not always the greatest quality, and occasionally you are rude, and arrogant. Occasionally you are egotistical and elitist. You NEED to understand that this bothers people. You need to understand that they will voice there opinions. You should take this dislike as a reason to improve your own postings. I am not trying to be mean to you, or bully you in any way, shape or form. Let me just say this.

This thread was uncalled for. It was simply a feeble grab for pity. Similar to your “Leaving? Not appreciated…” thread. There is no reason for this thread to exist.

You are acting immature. Grow up. I am 13 years old, and can still behave moderately well on an online forum.

You need to stop. Take a break. Realize that these people are trying to HELP YOU BECOME A BETTER FORUM MEMBER. Take their advice to heart.

And remember this, do not act like this again. SERIOUSLY. Let me put this out there. I have a highly, emphasis on highly, distinct opinion on you. And it would not be nice to say it out loud. But one more post like this, I swear, I’ll go over the edge. I’ll go ape. This has being driving me nuts, up the wall, but I have bitten my tongue. I am getting tired of not voicing my opinion. Don’t give me an excuse.

Let me end this maniacal little post with this.

I believe you are a good guy. I believe you can improve. I want you to improve. This post is not meant to make you feel bad about yourself. It is supposed to jolt you back into reality. If I missed my target, by all means, a mod/admin can delete this thread.

-Adam

1 Like

To answer what you are asking without reading all the replies, he was just helping you. I am not saying your posts are bad, but in general, higher quality posts are better than low quality, as long as they arent 5 paragraphs.

really? why didnt vegabomb erase it instead of just moving it? all due respect to u sir. this thread has it pros and cons. its a gray area topic…

I think it’s cuz he erased the guys name.

Heck, i might be wrong about that, but i could have swore i read it somewhere. It might have been a different forum. But there are very good reasons for a rule such as that, which exceeds privacy

It’s neither here nor there…

Edit: i think i was told it was a rule when i asked someone to post a scammers pm’s

I just read the rules, it doesn’t say anything about PM’s being posted actually, I think Nemyo is wrong on this one

You mean I’m wrong? It happens…

It might be something YYE wants to look into. I think it’s possible to cause complications somehow… Idk I’m not that smart but i recall hearing a good reason for it before