jensen kimmit

I take it they were fairly busy with all the events worldwide and the recent creation of yoyo factory europe division (new team, new events etc…)

I do graphic design (BA) and have made many freelance websites. Unless the company asks you to update through the ftp you aren’t going to do it. There is someone who is updating this website and they need to be told what to do every time, and they are also paid. It’s no big deal. Their company, their “problem”. I don’t really think it’s a problem. They know they will sell their throws no matter what. It’s not like they sell through their domain.

Basically you boiled that down to “It’s not that the web developer doesn’t care, NO ONE does, since no one wants to bother changing it.”

Still seems odd.

And a domain is incredibly important to a company, and how well they sell.

Lol, did anyone else get popdada’s reference to Stairway to Heaven?

At least I think that’s what he was talking about…

jimmy kimmel was on yyf?!?!

mgodinez

cloudy…

Somewhat lol. YYF obviously doesn’t care or might have trouble right now because it hasn’t been changed. I could make that change in a matter of minutes. The website alone is very simple (view source). A domain is for example a “.com”. The bar I run does not gain any customers off of its .com I can tell you as well as many other companies. All I am saying is… if YYF’s website isn’t updated 100% they will still sell yoyos. No more, no less. It’s logical marketing, and it depends on the company. This one doesn’t really matter because they sell from beyond their own domain. One Drop for example could have slight financial decline if their host went down…

I’m gonna say my last comments before I mosey on out of this Jensen thread:

The bar you run isn’t in a web-based market, so of course it wouldn’t drastically benefit from it’s website. No one is going to say “Hm. I need a drink. To the internet!” Yoyoing, on the other hand, gets a lot of business from the internet. Whether they are actually selling product on their domain doesn’t matter; it still benefits them to have an official site. It’s a place where other players can look at the happenings over at the factory, check out cool videos, and see who is on the team. It gives a presence of legitimacy to a company. If it doesn’t matter, where are you gonna put this stuff? A blog?

Logical marketing, or whatever.

So I’m outta here. Y’know, Jensen thread :P:

i don’t evan go on yoyofactorys site ;D

Haha. Well his name has been wrong this whole time.

youll notice ann isnt on there

I’m a web developer, and although some small websites are still updated via ftp and directly modified, most sites have gone the way of content management systems…meaning the owner of the site simply has to fill out a simple form and the content is published where it needs to go and formatted properly so they don’t need to worry about coding or design. I would assume that YYF is using a content management system and doesn’t rely on a developer and they simply have put it on the bottom of their to-do list like every other business that doesn’t have at least 1 employee devoted to their website.

They actually have yoyoers that work for them take care of the site. I’m betting it’s just not on the top of their to do list.

I find it hard to believe people are actually debating this.
Here’s the YYF position, they will never admit this, but I would be willing to bet…
‘I think well leave Jensen on the front page until Jensens lawyer contacts us and tells us to remove his name from anything and everything to do with YYF.’
Until that time they will just keep Jensen right where he is, as the YYF poster boy.
I would say 75% of yoyo’rs have nothing to do with yoyo forums(just a guess on the number), so 75% of the yoyo’rs out there are in the dark as to what is happening in regard to Jensen and YYF.
Its in YYF best interest to leave Jensen on the front page, its in YYF best interest if people still think he is the star of the YYF team.

Why would they change it, they have Jensen right where they want him, as the YYF poster boy, but having no obligation to him whatsoever.
Dress it up however you like.

And you would be absolutely wrong.

Why on Earth is everyone demonizing yoyofactory? I mean, they aren’t my favorite company, not even close to it, but the things said in tis thread make me facepalm. It is really REALLY easy for them to let the website get behind. I mean, how often do people go to the YYF site looking for the latest news? Personally, I use Facebook and YYE more than Manufacturer’s sites. You guys really need to get a grip. and this is coming from the guy who refuses to watch any form of television for fear of subliminal advertising. C’mon. They are probably waiting for a time to do a mass update, as opposed to updating with every little thing.

yoyofactory’s next yoyo is called The Rapture…

[b]Please don’t link that again.

EVER![/b]

and with kimmit who cares he left and yyf is still killing at making great yoyos so who cares

Thanks
Icthus. :slight_smile:

no matter where jensen is,he still is the chuck norris of yoyos…

I don’t like yyf and it is kinda dumb that they dont update their site.

Exactly why I don’t like yyf their yoyos are all the same and yo-yoing is about creativity and fun not about dominating contests besides yoyo contests should be judged on creativity not string touches

Exactly