jensen kimmit

Gigiti

…that’s why there’s a category specifically for showmanship and creativity. lol
that’s what AP is for.

If you knew what the judges looked for you wouldn’t make that statement.

I was thinking a bit ago “gee, I wonder if these judges take the model of yoyo into consideration when scoring a performance”. But then with performers using custom models, sometimes not even released as a model for sale, how can one get a baseline?

This is sort of like golf. Golfers often have custom sets made up. The bottom line is who has the lowest stroke count, regardless of equipment used, provided the equipment is compliant with rules and regulations.

I guess yoyo would be the same way. I bet they are looking for the ability to get the stuff done properly, cleanly, and I guess with speed, along with flow and minimal mistakes. What else should be done? Issue a “standardized competition yoyo”? Even between brands, they’ll all see what they can do to stay within spec but give their model an edge. Or do they make super rigid specs and even though different brands, they all are releasing essentially the same “competition standard model”? About the only difference being color and graphics? That won’t work. What if a performer prefers metal over plastic? Or plastic and metal? Or aluminum? Or die-cast? Or lathed? Or let’s go wood! How many features do we incorporate to have the most accomodations? I’m still learning, and this stuff isn’t as simple as it was supposed to be!!

In regards to “dominating”, especially in regards to auto racing, I know that in some years or races, certain teams or engines may dominate, but it just comes and goes. If more top players are using one brand, it often tends to be coincidental I would think. People are picking what their experiences has shown what works best for those individuals. Everyone has choices and preferences.

Really, who cares what brand is being used? Good stuff will rise to the top, and stuff that people don’t like will be noted and discontinued. Yoyo champs will come and go. Brands will swing around taking turns at having more players taking top honors at competitions. If YYF is riding a wave of players taking awards using their products, then so be it. Enjoy the trend while it lasts. It just makes all the serious companies try to improve their product line, serious players to improve their skills and the whole community and industry wins, at least when we look at this from a high level.

There product page doesnt have half there yoyos!

Really? Most of their current models aren’t even on their web site?

That’s just bad business.

This is my thoughts on how I behave:

If I have an interest in something, I like to go to the source whenever possible. So, if it’s YYF, I’d go to the YYF web site to get information. Then, if I’m looking because I’m in a buying mood, I find a retailer who carries the item(s) I want at a price I like. I won’t talk about intangible value add stuff into the equation for now. I get annoyed when I see a retailer carrying items not on the maker’s web site.

A web site such as that, which is not kept reasonably current, that’s just irresponsible to the company, their share-holders(if applicable) and their users and clients. At least keep your MODELS current. The product BRINGS IN money. Talent COSTS money!

yea thats true

coundn’t agree any more.

im pretty sure he went back to CLYW, search “jensen kimmett quit” on google. on yoyoskills.com it gives a quote of why he quit.

In march! Dude that’s old.

This thread isn’t anything but griping about people. No need for that anymore.