Jason's Loaded YoYos: CLYW Peak and others on p.10! Yum.

(Not fly fishing, mostly surf/saltwater and a little Bass.)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Slight variation on Skittles today. Normally I do a rainbow fadesplash on both halves, this time I tried red-orange-yellow on one half and blue-green-yellow on the other. I like the way it came out. Especially spinning!

Going up on ebay tonight!

You’re fantastic man! That’s beautiful :slight_smile: It’s gonna sell like a hot cake

DEFINITELY bidding on this. Amazing work, as always, Jason.

Is this a light or heavy Chief?

Thank you! I’m not sure which Chief this is… I’ll bust out the scale shortly and let you know.

Also, finished another tonight. This one makes me smile. Fun!

(Need to figure out how to reduce some of that glare…)

Stunning.

That letter work is phenomenal.

Thanks Jason! I was going to go more complex on it, but I think I will save that for a larger yoyo.

Jay I see you mentioned surf/salt for your fishing.

Are you a Striper hound by any chance?

I’ve been Striper fishing the river and east coast for a looong time, surf and boat.

I live on a river in south Jersey that has an amazing spring fishery practically out my back door.

Some of what you can find lurking in the waters here

2 Likes

BTW your throws look outstanding as usual.

It is my ultimate yoyo goal to own one of your yoyos with a skittle-like pattern on it. There is nothing that compares in my eyes, they just look SO GOOD.

1 Like

Can’t wait to check out what you have in the works. I’m still utterly enamored with the Skittles/Silver Skittles colorway you came up with. Best colorways ever.

Jason, since you’ve done so much great and interesting ano work I’m curious:

What are your personal favorite production run anodizations (style or particular colorway) that others have done?

Are you ever thinking of doing a Pokeball design? Simple yet classic. Pacman would be cool too.

I think he’s done pacman. or maybe it was space invaders. can’t remember, But a pokeball would be awesome!

I believe it was space invaders on a Wet Whistle, you can look through the pages to find it.

1 Like

Woops, didn’t mean to thank you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, you’re correct.

http://jasonwong.smugmug.com/Hobbies/LoadedYoYos/i-PKgcCbk/0/L/DSC03978-L.jpg

Well, I’ll take the thank you ;D

I want to know what Jason thinks of this.

I think my favorite anodizations on a mass produced yoyo are the ones that Monkeyfinger has been putting out. Always fun, colorful, unique and well-executed. Yoyos should be fun and the Monkeyfinger colorways are just that.

It’s getting harder and harder to be original with anodizing… splash on acid wash (originally on 28 Stories from CLYW) is pretty much standard fare nowadays. Back when I started anodizing, almost any new color combo was cool and inventive, now it’s ho-hum. Additionally, most anodizing on yoyos comes from Gruntbull, so there’s only so much variety you can get through them.

I’m also starting to see a lot of my fadesplash (Skittles) colorways being reproduced on production throws. (Macrocosm, RecRev, X Cube’s Aware, some crucial stuff, etc.) It’s not surprising… At the risk of sounding a little arrogant, I will say that I have a suspicion that manufacturers use www.loadedyoyos.com as a ‘window shopping’ catalog for inspiration on new colorways. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haven’t done a PacMan yoyo, but I have thought about it. Would be similar execution to the Space Invaders Whistle posted earlier. (Speaking of which, I may be ready to let that one go soon.)

Pokeball could be interesting… it might be hard to execute though. The Pokeball assumes a ball shape and yoyos are the exact opposite of that.

Not quite. I think it would be possible on a dif e yo blind orbiter

http://www.yoyoguy.com/php/gif.php?imagenum=11439&resolution=images_medium