Jason's Loaded YoYos: CLYW Peak and others on p.10! Yum.

Oh…

My…

Word…

Mind Blown.

Those are amazing.

Thanks guys! My primary motivation in anodizing has always been to push boundaries… There was a time when splash over acid wash was cutting edge. Today, it seems like every yoyo comes in a splash/acid wash combo.

Swirls will hopefully keep things ‘fresh’ for awhile.

As I have always felt you are the premier anodizer in the yoyo realm and these reflect why.

Was shopping the other night and came across some of your work on a forum, equally as pretty of course. :wink:

You are really way too kind. :slight_smile:

I am very happy to report, though that I have finally gotten swirl ano nailed to the point where I can execute them reliably without flaws.

http://jasonwong.smugmug.com/Hobbies/LoadedYoYos/i-rPgkwQ2/0/L/DSC04242-L.jpg

Now it’s time to have some fun and play with colors!

Dang! that’s unbelievably nice.

That looks great Jason. I think some different brown shades might make a cool “petrified wood” effect.

1 Like

Thanks LJ! I agree… wood swirl is something I’m going to try to work on. I think it’d be epic.

These are amazing!

I remember the first swirl i saw was a painted bluegrass swirl, in my opinion it looked awful (no offense to the painters skill, i love all their other stuff… and they are much better than i could ever be :P) these on the other hand, don’t look too cluttered (like the other one did) and i really like them,
Great job!

Hope Jason doesn’t mind me posting this, but this is a Max Bet he swirl anno’d for me :open_mouth:

(source: jasonwong.smugmug.com)

SCCCCCHHHAAAAWWWWIIINNNNGGGG!

Man that thing looks smooth. Gotta find a way to get it back in the shop now! :wink:

Phew! Been a long time since I’ve updated. Been giving the anodizing a break lately. A little more time spent fishing and less time in front of nasty chemicals is probably better for my health in any event.

Anyways… Finished up a quick job for a local Ditch Down yoyoer. Stencils came out nice and clean on this one.

http://jasonwong.smugmug.com/Hobbies/LoadedYoYos/i-kJVr3nf/0/L/DSC04268-L.jpg

DD44 Represent!~ Looks beautiful!

Quite happy to say that this maxbet is now in my possession, and it likely will stay here. ;D

Just remember…I know where you live…

Just remember, the snow falls soon, and the moose come out… ::slight_smile:

I’m going to dress up in a moose suit to distract you.

Then the swirly will be mine!

These YoYos are so sick!

And this is me subbing. ;D

you mentioned fishing… you a flyfisherman?